Anyone recognise this location?

Posh Pete

Still got a pulse.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Polish soldiers based in Scotland working on beach defences in 1941 ish. Almost certainly east coast rather than west. The Poles were based in Blairgowrie so possibly Angus or Kincardine. Initially, I thought Kinghorn but the terrace of houses is wrong. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_4317.jpg
    IMG_4317.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 390
Used to walk along the Esplanade to the 'Sands' Nightclub after having a few beers in the Ferry :beer:

I was just about to say, it looks like the ferry til I scrolled down and seen your second post.

Had the wee Nelli along that way last week...ended up in Carnoustie taking every conceivable little track/path I could find til I came out at Station Rd by Barry links.

014daca789645b52fd35daee006e79cf.jpg

Used to walk along the Esplanade to the 'Sands' Nightclub after having a few beers in the Ferry :beer:

And before it was the "Sands" it was the "Chalet" - but maybe your too young to remember that Rob? :rob

Great photo Pete:thumb

Cheers......................Grizzly:beerjug:

Does anybody regognise the young lad in the hole?:rolleyes: he must be around 90 now :thumb

Cheers.......................Grizzly:beerjug:

I was just about to say, it looks like the ferry til I scrolled down and seen your second post.

Had the wee Nelli along that way last week...ended up in Carnoustie taking every conceivable little track/path I could find til I came out at Station Rd by Barry links.

014daca789645b52fd35daee006e79cf.jpg

That's just a lovely photo. :okay

Back
Top Bottom