Unboxing the new 2021 R1250RT video clip

Just ran one through the configurator. Sport Blue, Comfort Pack, aux lights, SOS. running lights and a couple of other bits, £21,300. That is a big wedge. Must have got a discount when I bought my 2019 RT with the sport pack and fully loaded, because is was nearer £18.5k. But like everything it is about the cost to change unless you are not trading :)

Roll VT, Chopsy !!! :aidan

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9ens9zfO_44" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr Wapping’s next steed, I reckon !! :blagblah

He liked it

They describe the RT as a sport tourer? And if you want something more elegant go for the Ducati Multi V4? Or a GS? The only bike I can think of as a competitor is the Triumph's Trophy 1200 about the same power. Never seen one on the road thou...

They describe the RT as a sport tourer? And if you want something more elegant go for the Ducati Multi V4? Or a GS? The only bike I can think of as a competitor is the Triumph's Trophy 1200 about the same power. Never seen one on the road thou...

I know a couple of guys with one, I test rode one before I bought my first 2014RT. Both good bikes, but Triumph no longer make the Trophy, so that swung it for me.

Standard model white £15800 plus the phone pocket is £16000 comes loaded already, that is not bad. All the extras on the configurator excluding the bilet stuff...will set you back £24500 the RTLE same speck £23870:eek:

My first 1200RT in 2005 with ESA+stereo+cruise+heated grips was £14500

Standard model £15820

TFT with Connectivity (10.25 Inch Screen)
LED Headlight, Rear Light and Indicators
Cruise Control
Power Socket
Centre Stand
Luggage Rack
Luggage
Adjustable Electric Windscreen
Dynamic Traction Control (DTC)
Riding Modes Rain and Road
Hill Start Control (HSC) with Dynamic Brake Light
BMW Motorrad Multimedia Controller
Heated Grips
BMW Full Intergral ABS Pro
Datatool STEALTH

Add the blue colour and you have £16410, at that price it has everything that I want.

054e57432a6d3ef96f5f65e9ed1d3f23.png

b6d0464954dc376642ae56aa67acb8fd.png

cbcef50de37c584ac2a34dc59468195a.png

7b32af3bcfc73c6425fac81854415256.png

c0dc2da115534c3c59bc2089fe3bdf13.png

I love this bike, In the flesh its even nicer. It could get me off the GSA ? That said, I do do a little off road, wild camping etc. So i guess ill need to buy it and sit it next to the GSA. Beautiful machine.

I love this bike, In the flesh its even nicer. It could get me off the GSA ? That said, I do do a little off road, wild camping etc. So i guess ill need to buy it and sit it next to the GSA. Beautiful machine.

I have an RT and really enjoy riding the GS when I get one as a service-loan bike. They both make exceptionally good touring machines - and I certainly would not say that one was better then the other. It's a question of what you're going to use it for, what you like the look of and possibly a bit of inside leg measurement.

Personally I would not have both an RT and a GSA because they are too similar in overall purpose for road use - and I don't do off-road. I would open the garage door and not know which one to ride, so my second bike is a lightweight naked for shopping, commuting, having a quick "hoon" and no pillions (too uncomfortable and cramped)

Thanks Arsey for posting the MCN review ! I saw the blue Sports RT yesterday at my dealership and must admit that it caught my eye.Good looking bike that even felt kind of sporty sitting on it...Must take a testride comparing it to a GSADV because I'd like to go back to a bigger tank and maybe a 17" front wheel...;)
Never thought I would say that about a RT...:D
Can't imagine what would be if BMW decides to strip all that plastic,put lower bars/clip-ons on it with a half-fairing a la Britten and call it a R1300S...:thumby:
But as far as sport-tourers go I would take the RT over the RS...Bigger tank & Tele-Lever !
Over a GSA...A test-ride will give the answer...Never tried a RT.
The 2021 looks great as the big TFT but you have always pair your phone before the ride to have Navigation...Factory navigation in the screen without phone connection would be better !
(Adaptive) Cruise control is also one feature I would never use...

Thanks Arsey for posting the MCN review ! I saw the blue Sports RT yesterday at my dealership and must admit that it caught my eye.Good looking bike that even felt kind of sporty sitting on it...Must take a testride comparing it to a GSADV because I'd like to go back to a bigger tank and maybe a 17" front wheel...;)
Can't imagine what would be if BMW decides to strip all that plastic,put lower bars/clip-ons on it with a half-fairing a la Britten and call it a R1300S...:thumby:
But as far as sport-tourers go I would take the RT over the RS...Bigger tank & Tele-Lever !
The 2021 looks great as the big TFT but you have always pair your phone before the ride to have Navigation...Factory navigation in the screen without phone connection would be better !

Why would you pair your phone before every ride ?

I like the new RT.I’d buy one over a GS any day.
I reckon it might be better for you on your Baja jaunts.
Same engine as GS but possibly now more sporty and more suited to where you ride ?

You have to pair the phone for the Navigation to work...
As for the RT over the GS I have to try one...Never thought I would say that...;) On paper more weight and more wind protection are not pluses though.But I was surprised how good/sporty it felt sitting on it and the new lights / black wheels do wonders for the looks...:thumb2 If I was living in a colder climate with lots of rain - There is nothing better for sure !

The RT is a better bike than the GS/GSA for everyday riding in the UK. I was surprised of how well the suspension coped with the roads. This was the previous model before this facelift.

Go on Boxerlust, you know you want to :D

Onahi according to my dealer you have to pair the phone every time...
tanneman what I really want is a R1300S based on the RT/GS with Telelever as fun and good looking as the R1100S :thumb2 But I have to admit this 1250RT in blue with black wheels and the redone fairing gave me a slight erection...;) Not full on like a R1300S or M1300GS would but still...I must be getting old...:D
Nice bike for sure...The cops all over the world getting paid to ride these bikes should be very grateful...

Back
Top Bottom