Unboxing the new 2021 R1250RT video clip

Mark H

Formerly known as Easyrider5258 (Mark)
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Unboxing the new R1250RT video clip

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_P1L6H9qEmo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have ACC on my car and to be fair it works very well. I am just not sure if I would want or need it on a bike? Maybe it will benefit some riders?

There's more to ACC than I imagined.
Distance adjustment, adapts in corners for lean angle, adapts for overtaking.
More spec details in this video.

I was thinking about the complication of learning all the controls - and using them in motion; it has user-configurable "hot keys" - by the rider's left knee.
Automotive software developement must be interesting these days.

great looking RT

bet the new dash turns up on the GS/GSA for next year

New RT videos

There's a recently posted BMW video on the new RT on their YouTube site that's worth a look if you're thinking about a new touring bike post-lockdown.

Motorrad also have a video on the new RT-P version (German with subtitles) here. I mention it as the presenter spoke of illuminated switch gear. It might be RT-P specific, but if that's on the standard bike it would be a welcome upgrade.

Ive just configured a new RT online, unfortunately at just shy of £22k it’ll have to wait a while.

Yes I found that, then I realised you can pick the LE spec in the configurator, whereas if you pick the standard 1250, everything is extra.

Ive just configured a new RT online, unfortunately at just shy of £22k it’ll have to wait a while.

Standard model white £15800 plus the phone pocket is £16000 comes loaded already, that is not bad. All the extras on the configurator excluding the bilet stuff...will set you back £24500 the RTLE same speck £23870:eek:

My first 1200RT in 2005 with ESA+stereo+cruise+heated grips was £14500

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-02-25 171343.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-02-25 171343.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 661
  • Screenshot 2021-02-25 171736.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-02-25 171736.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 631
Still think the configurator is wrong, you select LE but when you configure you seem to be getting stuff that is already included in the LE spec. Picked LE supposedly, but got options for LED lights etc, which is standard in the LE spec. I spac'd one up a couple of weeks ago and it was £19,600. That was with SOS and aux Fog lights as extras, but no top box. But if you add all that to the basic SE model, it comes to over 20k.

Very cool. Love all the connectivity and integration. Well thought out bike.

One thing that popped up on our local neighbourhood forum was the theft of the ACC module from cars. Guy down the road came to his car in the morning, found the front grill pulled out and the ACC module unclipped simply and had been stolen. £1200 replacement. Seems a few others reported similar. Just wondering if these are also going to be an easy unclip and off you go issue ala TFT screens etc

Went and had a ride on one today, my dealer had an open day with organized groups

Rode some great roads in the hills above Saint Etienne, stunning views of the alps in the distance

Was a little disappointed with the bike to be honest though, foot pegs too high, boingy suspension even in dynamic mode, no where near as nimble as my 1200 GS
Seats aren’t as comfy as the GS, wifey agreed, and it’s a heavy old barge when you stop, I’m more confident of not dropping it on a fully loaded GS

Weather protection is excellent however and the upgrades look very classy

Wasn’t even blown away by the new motor, maybe the extra weight masked the extra power and torque :nenau

Went and had a ride on one today, my dealer had an open day with organized groups

Rode some great roads in the hills above Saint Etienne, stunning views of the alps in the distance

Was a little disappointed with the bike to be honest though, foot pegs too high, boingy suspension even in dynamic mode, no where near as nimble as my 1200 GS
Seats aren’t as comfy as the GS, wifey agreed, and it’s a heavy old barge when you stop, I’m more confident of not dropping it on a fully loaded GS

Weather protection is excellent however and the upgrades look very classy

Wasn’t even blown away by the new motor, maybe the extra weight masked the extra power and torque :nenau

There should be no difference between that bike and my 1250RT. So obviously an RT is not for you. I am in the minority, I don't like the GS have been very unimpressed with the bikes I have had as a loaner. But good job we don't all like the same bike.

There should be no difference between that bike and my 1250RT. So obviously an RT is not for you. I am in the minority, I don't like the GS have been very unimpressed with the bikes I have had as a loaner. But good job we don't all like the same bike.

Absolutely, different strokes for different folks, different desires, different needs, different tastes

Nice to have so much choice :thumb2

Crazy Romanian:D Better than the GS on the road?...NO MORE BUTTON FOR HEATED GRIPS? WTF? Interesting test with the adaptive cruise. Black with white lines for me...

Roll VT, Chopsy !!! :aidan

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9ens9zfO_44" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr Wapping’s next steed, I reckon !! :blagblah

Lovely looking bike but the prices have gone mental! :blast

Back
Top Bottom