pastures new

ross.

Reaction score
hi
so iam about to move and start a new life to a dot on the map called laughterton, it's near lincoln close to dunham bridge.
just wanting to know if there are any GS folk in the area

Hi,
Welcome to the area.
There is a strong GS presence in the area, and probably the best bike night in Lincolnshire just up the road from you at South leverton twice a month. and Scarcliffe every Tuesday night, and of course there are the Legendary East Midlands Breakfasts.
Obviously all of this is when the virus is out of the way.
There was something going on every night of the week during the summer Pre- virus.
Dunham bridge is a toll bridge but motorcycles are exempt.:)

Yes, very warm welcome to the area. As a regular at these events I would reflect the above. Having moved around the country, I have to say personally the biking social life is amongst the best I have experienced. For the last few years I have kept a "biking" diary so you want to discuss possible events get in touch, although at present it is looking a little sparse for 2021, but hopefully after lockdown things may change.

Welcome ross

We were having twice monthly breakfast meets before lockdown and as Chris (Mistacat) states, many of us catch up at the many non GS biker meets in the area.

Andy (GSite) is aware of the very active Lincolnshire bike nights scene.

I used to attend the Skellingthorpe classic meets and the Halfway Heroes group when I lived in Lincoln.

If you are in the BMW club they will post up monthly meetings again when allowed (usually at the Old Reindeer, Edingley near Southwell Notts).

I am looking forward to confirming the first week end breakfast meet when the cafe's are open again and will post in this section.

Gerry

hi
so iam about to move and start a new life to a dot on the map called laughterton, it's near lincoln close to dunham bridge.

Hi Ross, know it very well, in fact tomorrow I'm collecting some steel plate from a friend who lives in your village.

I'm in Collingham, there's quite a few GS's around the area, in the summers months you'll get used to hearing motorcycles blasting through your village, it's on an MCN sort of biker route you know the sort white race boots and airo hump on the leathers :aidan

Andrew

There’s also been a few East Midland camping weekends.
:beerjug:

many thanks for reply's looking forward to getting out on my old gs, ive not been on it for about a year

Hi Ross, know it very well, in fact tomorrow I'm collecting some steel plate from a friend who lives in your village.

I'm in Collingham, there's quite a few GS's around the area, in the summers months you'll get used to hearing motorcycles blasting through your village, it's on an MCN sort of biker route you know the sort white race boots and airo hump on the leathers :aidan

Andrew

Ah, bearing that in mind, there is often police speed traps going into the village - don’t ask me how I know :blast

Ah, bearing that in mind, there is often police speed traps going into the village - don’t ask me how I know :blast

Yes, they sit on the first 90 bend looking all the way back to Dunham on Trent, pray tell how do you know? :green gri

hi

Hi Ross, welcome to the club mate :thumb. I’m just down the road in Lincoln and pass Laughterton most days with work. Will look forward to a rideout as soon as conditions allow.

Cheers

Andy

Hi Ross, I'm just across the river in Sturton le Steeple. Welcome to the area.

In addition to the bike nights already mentioned our local (The Reindeer) has a car night twice a month on Tuesdays. Well worth a ride out.

Be careful of the road heading West out of Gainsborough to Beckingham. Average speed cameras and a regular camera car.

Nigel

speed plod

so today is the third time in as many weeks that a speed trap van has been parked on the straight just as you leave laughterton heading towards the A57, heads up for all :thumby:

You’ve gone to the right place if you want regular meets once the lockdown crap has finished. Really nice people who always manage to find a decent breakfast venue :okay

Back
Top Bottom