Dry bag help

I have full and flowing locks :D

It's a brush that, for reasons unknown, my 'mates' thought I would appreciate.

I suppose I asked for it, when on a previous trip we bought this convenient Touratwat accessory for Phil's Minsk.

I won't ask.................. :D

Andres

A friend of mine (a farmer) used a 1950’s small overnight suitcase, tied with string to the back of his original FireBlade. I don’t think he still has the FireBlade but he still has - and uses - the suitcase.

foooking hell lomo every time why do bods like wasting money. no way are some other choices worth the extra money the lomo adventure panniers have all the webbing one could ask for

foooking hell lomo every time why do bods like wasting money. no way are some other choices worth the extra money the lomo adventure panniers have all the webbing one could ask for

fooooking hell why do bods spend over £20k on a GS when a vstrom will do the same job for half the money guess it’s their money and they can do what the foooook they want with it

fooooking hell why do bods spend over £20k on a GS when a vstrom will do the same job for half the money guess it’s their money and they can do what the foooook they want with it

if a bag fails well not the end of the world. but if your bike fails then tour is over so not the same really. but yes its their money. brand snobbery perhaps. life would be dull if we all see things the same way

if a bag fails well not the end of the world. but if your bike fails then tour is over so not the same really. but yes its their money. brand snobbery perhaps. life would be dull if we all see things the same way

Yeah, but I’d take a Vstrom over a GS for reliability any day.
Going back to bags....the couple of Lomo bags I had didnt have any webbing loops but I see they have some on the latest range.
Again it’s down to individual choice.
Once you’ve used a Rukka jacket you probably wouldn’t go back to an RST and once you’ve used Enduristan you wouldn’t use anything else.
Some will call it brand snobbery.Other’s will understand that you pay for what you get.
But it does make me laugh that some think nothing of spending £15-£20k on a bike but then baulk at spending more than £20 to keep all of their clothes dry....

But it does make me laugh that some think nothing of spending £15-£20k on a bike but then baulk at spending more than £20 to keep all of their clothes dry....

I see a clear difference. For 20k I "want" luxury, I "want" all the bells and whistles, ffs 20k for a bike the worlds gone fucking mad but if that's what it is for what I "want" to enjoy for thousand's of miles then 20 grand it is, but I only "need" a bag that ties well to the back of my 20k steed and keeps my soiled undies from getting wet, I don't "need" to spend top dollar

I don't believe it's fair to compare like for like.

You're right Cabby, these days it's always recommend me the best....not knowing what will easily suffice, too much money and not enough riding ;)

Ok, how many have used Lomo or Ortlieb bags and their clothes have got wet? Mine haven't got wet on any trips, so if the bags leaked or failed then I would buy something els. But mine have never failed and none of the buckles or straps have failed and that is after 9 years of use. But Hey Ho. Had a look at the UK Enduristan site, the kit looks good, but you can't buy anything as everything is sold out. Kit comes from the EU distributor :)

Oh I dunno, who would have thought.

Brexit
Covid...
And now it seems to be dry bags maybe??

Ok, how many have used Lomo or Ortlieb bags and their clothes have got wet? Mine haven't got wet on any trips, so if the bags leaked or failed then I would buy something els. But mine have never failed and none of the buckles or straps have failed and that is after 9 years of use. But Hey Ho. Had a look at the UK Enduristan site, the kit looks good, but you can't buy anything as everything is sold out. Kit comes from the EU distributor :)

And guess what ?

d3e6b79b50fc9cf9939703333ec53ab5.jpg

You're right Cabby, these days it's always recommend me the best....not knowing what will easily suffice, too much money and not enough riding ;)

Yup, only managed a pathetic 8000 miles touring Europe last summer. Must try harder :)

Holdall style opening which is far better than top loader. Has those pullcord things that tighten it up and snaps shut, same at both ends and the roll closer for watertighness.

And guess what ?

d3e6b79b50fc9cf9939703333ec53ab5.jpg

Yup, only managed a pathetic 8000 miles touring Europe last summer. Must try harder :)

Ok everyone, let's have a hunt the dry bag on websites, where we can post if they are out of stock and let's also have a poll to see who has travelled the most in Europe during a Covid Pandemic with their preferred dry bags (but you don't qualify if it wasn't raining during the trip :). I did say the bags looked good, but there seemed to currently be a supply issue.

Lomo roll top dry bag..mines is 60litres had it for 8 yrs ..can get my tent and gear in it with room too spare ..never leaked and great vfm..also got the Aldi yellow/blue ones or is it Lidl.?? anyhoo theyre good too but they dont open all the way across so its a bit of a pain getting things in/out never leaked tho ..:thumb2

Ok everyone, let's have a hunt the dry bag on websites, where we can post if they are out of stock and let's also have a poll to see who has travelled the most in Europe during a Covid Pandemic with their preferred dry bags (but you don't qualify if it wasn't raining during the trip :). I did say the bags looked good, but there seemed to currently be a supply issue.

FFS, if I'd known this would turn into a competition I'd have took the Lomo on our 1-day trip to Slovenia. I can photoshop a Lomo bag in if that helps :D

QsoFZZk.jpg

YpzqD5P.jpg

zvsNejF.jpg

Lomo bags are good for me.

I bought my first (a big yellow thing) around 15 years ago. I only bought another (smaller and black) when I got a substantially smaller bike. Never had a problem with either.

tom

This for value can't be beaten. Free with a subscription to Ride magazine a couple of years ago. Did a trip to the Picos, strapped on the back of my Fazer 600 with Rockstraps and didn't budge at all. Completely waterproof and big enough for all the stuff I needed and ultimately didn't need,
12691-ol472-1.jpg
[/url]windows 10 spacebar not working[/IMG]

I've used Lomo for somewhere between 15,000 and 20,000 miles. Never had a drop of water leak into the bag.

edited to add: That's the same bag for the distance - haven't had to buy a replacement

Back
Top Bottom