HEXezCan on BMW LED Auxiliary Light.

SaTao

Reaction score
Hello

I am new to the forum.

it's worth to tie the original BMW LED Auxiliary Light on HEXezCan. Will I be able to dim it?

Hello

I am new to the forum.

it's worth to tie the original BMW LED Auxiliary Light on HEXezCan. Will I be able to dim it?

If you by LED Auxilary Light mean the Nano lights such as the ones fitted on the GSA, then the answer is YES.

Intercept the cable harness leading to the lights just after it's split (singel supply, then it is divided into two in a 'Yæ type harness.

If you want to control both lights from a single source you must intercept the wire prior to the 'Y'. If you want to control the lights separate, left and right, intercept after the 'Y' split.

You want to cut the blue/red cable, and leave the others untouched. The red/blue connects to the positive output. You may leave the cut end on the supply side open. Just insulate it.

It is important that you do NOT cut and intercept the brown ground cable, as this will trigger an internal fault message, In order to perform later BMW software updates, all fault codes MUST be cleared first, and this will not happen with the brown ground cable disconnected.

Also, when the AUX lights are switched on/off by the switch located on the left mirror base, this action actually controls the ground connection to the lights, so whatever the ezCan does, there will not be any light unless the handlebar switch is on (and the green light in the TFT is displayed)

yes I meant Nano lights...
wRXnZP1m.jpg

so you say it will be possible to control through HexezCAN my Nano lights and turn signals ( you know what I meant...when I turn on one of the signposts the Nano lights go off, strobe Nano lihts when horn is on)

but what about dimming option?

thx

yes I meant Nano lights...
wRXnZP1m.jpg

so you say it will be possible to control through HexezCAN my Nano lights and turn signals ( you know what I meant...when I turn on one of the signposts the Nano lights go off, strobe Nano lihts when horn is on)

but what about dimming option?

thx
Since i don't use the HexezCAN my self, i'm not fully aware of what it can and can not do.

But whatever the HexezCAN would be able to do to a Denali, it will do to the Nano lights. The only thing that makes a difference is that since you need to allow the Nano lights to keep the grounding as is,(in order to avoid triggering hidden fault codes) the OEM Auxlight switch actually controls the lights by turning the ground on/off.
In order to make any of the functions work, the AUX light needs to be turned on. If you switch the OEM lights of (the one that shows a green symbol on the TFT), then none of the functions will work, as the Nano lights are not grounded unless the AUXlight switch is turned on.

For all practical purpose, there is noe reason to not always keep them turned on. You may keep them dimmed slightly during daylight driving as well as a bit more dimmed at low beam and then allow them full blast at high beam, or whatever you decide to do in the different modes.

Back
Top Bottom