What's your "go to" lid?

• Open face

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • Flip front

Votes: 69 65.1%
  • Full face

Votes: 30 28.3%

• Total voters
Another one for the Shoei Neotec 2 here. I bought one just before Christmas after trashing my AGV full face lid in a accident. I’ve always had full face up to now so was a little sceptical before the purchase but I’m 100% for the Shoei flip up now after best part of 1000 miles of cold weather. The build quality is as good as I’ve seen in any helmet I’ve owned and comfort in the cold is great with no draughts getting in (unless I open the vents), no misting because the pin lock does its job well and that sun visor is great in winter with the sun low in the sky. I love the flip up as it allows me to have the wind in my face if I want.

Will you actually base your decision on what a load of folk on the internet vote or is it just curiosity ?

Arai Tour X4 here. Probably due a new one this year.

Always full face, I'm long oval so the original Shoei GT Air (just) and the Arai Profile V for me.

shoei fits my head better that the Arais, i tired a schuberth for a while but that had a really strange feel on me.

Deliberately wide-ranging out of curiosity.

I've worn flip fronts for years but contemplating full face for a change...

I have a few of the current Shoei range.
The best full face is actually the Glamster.It’s so light, much more so than the Gt Air 2.
But the GT has the comms built in which is nice,as does the Neotec 2.

I found the Shoei Air much quieter than the neotec, the Tour X is also an excellent lid. Both work well on any bike, the tours is particularly good for shorter days with low sun, the peak works really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I love the Shark Evo range, I am now on my third, the way the chin guard flips all the way over to the back of the helmet is great and becomes an open face helmet for when it is hot.

I love the Shark Evo range, I am now on my third, the way the chin guard flips all the way over to the back of the helmet is great and becomes an open face helmet for when it is hot.

I've got an Evo One 2 - the one that doesn't scratch the pillock when you open it. I like its convenience but I've never really trusted the mechanism, it gets stuck with the chin bar behind too often for my liking. Probably just ham-fisted user error...

Back
Top Bottom