Tom Crean – Antarctic Explorer

Well the on line version was almost as good as the real thing - I've been to the real thing twice & that is beyond good; it's amazing (amazing is one word not two as frequently prounced these times).
He (Aidan) either changes things a little or I forget - the one about checking the pub to see haw many limerick lads were within, was new to me but now I have to find out if that was a positive or negative sign?

Well the on line version was almost as good as the real thing

It was indeed. You’d miss the atmosphere of the theatre a bit though - the anticipation, the hush, the laughter, all things that enhance the experience IMO
But still much better than the ‘reality’ programmes & endless reruns we’re usually subjected to...

It was absolutely (also 1 word not 3) brilliant - will definitely see again in a theatre when possible 👍

Interesting he pronounced it creen not cre an

The goodnight sir with the lamp at the end was a nice touch

I'll be driving by the South Pole Inn tomorrow morning........and by the look of the weather, I could get stranded down there!

Isn't there worser places to be stuck :)
It's probably the local Garda Station I'll be stuck in!!
048767f76f3da16a32803be46f8de829.jpg

S20 5G sent this......

I'm reading "Shackleton's Heroes" at the moment.
About a second party of men on the other north shore of Antartica responsible for laying supply depots for Shackleton's trek.
Their ship, the Aurora, gets cast adrift from moorings in a blizzard leaving ten men ashore with reduced provisions.
They proceed with the project over two years. Incredible hardships, sledging ten miles on a good day, loss of sledge dogs, cooking on seal blubber stoves, scurvy.
(Oddly temperatures are recorded in Farenheit; thought that was US only)

The Aurora, damaged and adrift for 300 days, with 18 men aboard is another story entirely.
PS TomCrean brewery in Kenmare, is that cultural appropriation?

I remember temperatures been given in Fahrenheit. Human body 98.6. Went out of general use along with pounds shillings and pennies. Yards perches roods bushels stones hundredweights ect. JJH

I remember temperatures been given in Fahrenheit. Human body 98.6. Went out of general use along with pounds shillings and pennies. Yards perches roods bushels stones hundredweights ect. JJH

Firkin heck!

I called to Tom yesterday evening

Attachments

• Crean T.jpg
    Crean T.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 50

Back
Top Bottom