Just bought this little MZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

dicktheleg

Pestie to the Nobility
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Fancied a little bike to fettle during lockdown and not having* owned a 2 stroke since 1994 I thought this might fit the bill.

Fettling and tidying required and if I keep it then I may get it painted nicely but that’s for later.

Runs nicely and very easy to start once I’d figured out which of the 6 ignition key positions I needed to be on.

Looking forward to warmer weather to have a decent run out (and end of lockdown, whenever)

Attachments

• CD2701F6-BB2D-497D-AC88-6A1BFBFD68B0.jpg
    CD2701F6-BB2D-497D-AC88-6A1BFBFD68B0.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 452
Love it...:thumb2

They always look super simple to work on and I believe that you can still get all the parts. Great little things.

Nice one Rich :thumb

The MZ TS 250 SupaFive is about the best 'bike they made. Hope to take mine back across to the Eifel's and the Süd Schwarzwald when travel restrictions ease.
This is it when my father owned it ...

i-3XrSpD9-L.jpg

:beerjug:

The MZ TS 250 SupaFive is about the best 'bike they made. Hope to take mine back across to the Eifel's and the Süd Schwarzwald when travel restrictions ease.

i-3XrSpD9-L.jpg

My Dad had a blue one too

i-3XrSpD9-L.jpg

Lovely memory Micky, great picture.

Lovely memory Micky, great picture.

You have no idea Rich .... father died fifteen years ago. When he married his second wife. She didn't like motorbikes.

I already had one so put my fathers in boxes in to the attic. It was there over twenty years,

Asked my youngest lad, Martyn, if I got it down and rebuilt it, would he ride it ... "Absolutely" he said.

MZ Resurrection on SmugMug

So we did, and he did ...

How wonderful, Micky

What a wonderful thing to have done, 3 generations involved, (1 in spirit).

Just lovely.

Shit Micky, so sorry, I didn’t know.

Sincere condolences.

That's OK Rich .... just an ex coppers sense of attempted humour ;)

Keep us posted on the SupaFive scene, they really are great likkle bikes :thumb

Feckin ‘orrible things :D

My mate loves em, honestly, I mean absolutely adores the MZ brand, but it leaves me totally stone cold.

Having said that, if it gives you pleasure and warms ya cockles, I’ll happily stand by and share the warm glow of contentment :thumby:

I bought a 125 version from a lad at work in the late 80's for £25, it ran but was neither taxed nor tested so took our 7.5 ton Bedord TK horsebox to work on a night shift ,parked it up in the car park of the police station and collected the bike at 6am after we finished work.

Sorted the bike including fitting a Honda CB250 k4 front brake assembly , over the following year 2 people used it to learn to ride bikes and take their test and then I sold it for decent money.

Some bits of the design and production were crude and simplistic but other bits were superb quality .

Fancied a little bike to fettle during lockdown and not having* owned a 2 stroke since 1994 I thought this might fit the bill.

Fettling and tidying required and if I keep it then I may get it painted nicely but that’s for later.

Runs nicely and very easy to start once I’d figured out which of the 6 ignition key positions I needed to be on.

Looking forward to warmer weather to have a decent run out (and end of lockdown, whenever)

Hi mate what is that taped to the front wheel rim is it some sort of weight and good luck with the bike I had a cz years ago.

Hi mate what is that taped to the front wheel rim is it some sort of weight and good luck with the bike I had a cz years ago.

Polishing rag?

That MZ looks just fine to me btw. I'd keep it like that but maybe look for minor improvements via the MZ Riders Club. :thumb2

There’s a great amateur race series for them. I say ‘amateur’ but some of the bods are very quick and take it very seriously. But, still way cheaper than running even a modern 600 or thousand cc bike.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fyXNoMw4ki8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have skyways fancied having one to ride around the old east Germany at a gentle pace or to maybe ride the German Motorcycle Route in full.

Hopefully easy to work on and inexpensive! Great find, like it. :beerjug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom