Comms system

dogmaboy

Reaction score
A little help please with the Bmw system 7 comms . I have 2020 rt that has been giving me trouble with comms.I originally had a U clear system that refused to work with the bike.The dealership has been fantastic trying to get this system to work, they tried mine and two other U clear systems but the bike would not accept them.They took this to head office and the reply was this or any other system won't work on your bike.You need to buy the system 7 system for us to guarantee it to work.Well that also means two new helmets as well.At least the dealer said if your not satisfied he will refund the helmets and comms.I went to pick up the helmets and the dealer had a technician there to help me go through the system.Here is where the problem lies.If I play the radio through the headset I can't talk to my wife unless I press the comms button ,then no radio.If I am playing the radio through the headset I can't except calls unless I turn the radio off.It will ring a couple of times then cuts off .I did buy the plug to connect to the phone to the bike,but makes no difference.I can't believe this is correct, that you can only use one of the three at a time.Any input gratefully appreciated.Stay safe regards Dogmaboy.

The BMW version of Bluetooth on the RT is set up so that it will pair and work with any 3rd party comms system, in a limited fashion - for example it will not open the 2nd helmet comms channel , unless it sees two BMW helmets/communicators.
Also, once you have the two BMW communicators, to get the system to work as it should, it needs to be paired up in a specific sequence, as below

RT Audio System Pairing to
* 2 helmets
* Navigator
* 2 mobile phones

Process
1. Pair audio system with helmet 1
2. Pair audio system with helmet 2
3. Pair helmet 1 with helmet 2
4. Pair Navigator with helmet 1
5. Pair Navigator with mobile 1
6. Pair helmet 2 with mobile 2

Once this is done, I found it worked the whole system reliably connected and perfectly for me and my good lady on our 2017 RT LE

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thomo, the tech did not pair to the nav system at all.Although on the way home I was receiving speed camera prompts through the system.I will try out in the order you have told me.Thanks again ,stay safe ,Dogmaboy.

Back
Top Bottom