what do you think ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted account 210410001

Reaction score
hi guys,
im looking for a bit of advise .....
i just purchased a 2010 s1000rr from a motoradd dealer via internet due to covid .
the bike is completly factory standard ( they way i like them ) and was advertised on the dealerbmw website as having heated grips .
Today the bike arrived and to be fair its in great condition but no heated grips ! it turns out they did not fit them to the 2010 bikes .
i contacted the dealer and they are offering me a set of £40 R&G ones which is along way from a set of factory ones in my opinion and something id fit to a daily cummute .

any advise on what to do as im really quite dissapointed with this response from a main dealer
thanks in advance
dave

I think they should fit the R and G ones and give you a couple of hundred quid back .

I’ve fitted several sets of R&G over the years, and found them to be very good grips, probably better than many factory fitted options, but... you have to have a clumsy little control box mounted somewhere, which never seems to look good, and though not difficult, it can be fiddly hiding the wiring and connectors. Are factory ones available as a retro fit? If so get them to do the job. If not try for some decent compensation, fit the R&G’s and live with it.
The Draconian option would be to reject it as not as described, the distance buying laws would be on your side too. Probably a bit extreme though for the sake of a pair of grips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom