1290 super adventure non starter

gebrauchtwagen83

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi guys wondering if you could help a mate of mine with the following

Morning

I’m hoping to pick some knowledge out of your heads.

I have a 2019 ktm 1290 Super Adventure S that’s giving me a headache.

She’s tucked away for the winter but had her out last month for a clean and run, started her up, she struggled, popped a booster on and got her going. Ran her for a bit, didn’t think anything of it. Went to do the same yesterday and nothing. No amber light on the dash, no power at all. Tried the same trick, nothing. Had a brand new battery in the garage so swapped it over, voltages of the new battery disconnected were 12.65v, still nothing.

I have checked the master 30a fuses, the fuse box, done some basic snagged wiring checks through the steering and I’m nearly out of ideas.

This morning, after a full nights charge, the old battery was sitting at 12.8v. So I decided to swap it back and give it a go, this time I got some engagement from the electronics and the amber light on the dash flashed a few times. Went to boot her up, nothing, after the start attempt, the flashing lights went away, and would only come back, albeit temporarily when I disconnected the battery and reconnected with the same events occurring time after time.

Any input you would have will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Update: after it briefly powered back on, I had 4 amber lights which indicates steering lock problem. Recommended solution is to move the handle bars upon start, done that, now the steering lock has been engaged and I can’t move it and i no longer get 4 flashing lights. Just the one on reconnection and that’s it? Shall I try and jump it from a car and see if the extra juice gives it some life?

Did he leave a satnav on the bike? Even when on a switched live they still somehow manage to draw enough power to flatten a battery if left too long without a charger or being spun up weekly.

Possibly a bad earth. Check the earth lead from the battery to the engine mount lead. Also try a single jump lead from the bike negative to a good earth on the engine.

KTM reckon the flat battery has caused an immobiliser fault so it has to go in

Back
Top Bottom