1290 SAS Tuning

daviedevs

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone had their bike re mapped at Jordan Bikes in Leeds?

I would like to get mine done when the opportunity allows. I had my last 2 bikes (GSA1200/Super Tenere 1200) done at Hilltop and both appeared improved over the basic set up. I dont want to start the whole anti hilltop debate again but they did both my bikes in about an hour..including the dyno run..whereas Jordans say it takes around 4 hours to set it up properly.

So does anyone have experience of Jordans please?

Or BSD in Peterborough who do the same, I know they have done loads of 990's, but has anyone had a 1290 remapped by them?

i had my 1290 gt done by BSD last year, i fitted a rapidbike evo on their recomendation prior to arrival, dont think they do an ecu flash as such and a piggyback unit is needed on the 1290 so rapidbike or powercommander, results were a lot smoother running around town, and a noticble improvement in roll on overtakes,

the other bods to consider are p3 tuning in liverpool, heard good things about their efforts with ktm,s ,, although i have no personal expirience of them,

Flip you guys are hard core as i reckon the std engine is stonking as it is :okay

Had my 990 done at BSD, a very knowledgeable & professional outfit. Reasonable costs £330, for a couple of hours dyno time, although I did not need any add ons such as power commander etc. Needless to say I now have a completely new bike!

thats interesting, as they couldnt do that last year,, would perhaps be a neater solution as no extra electronics to add on

thats interesting, as they couldnt do that last year,, would perhaps be a neater solution as no extra electronics to add on

Why it is my preference, no modules to go wrong, messing with connectors, losing space under seat to put the module etc.

To all intents and purposes it looks stock just with the low down / part throttle fuelling fixed, not about power, just smoother delivery and a more repsonsiveness in the low down region, with a bit of luck maybe a couple of extra top end BHP and possibly slightly cooler running.

From experience - Hilltop. Mapped from new, much smoother as always and roll-on power awesome after.

3 years on and all is well.

From experience - Hilltop. Mapped from new, much smoother as always and roll-on power awesome after.

3 years on and all is well.

As i said in the OP I have no issues with HT...they did my previous 2 bikes.....but didnt take 4 hours on them..which is what other tuners are saying is required...hence my opening question.

As i said in the OP I have no issues with HT...they did my previous 2 bikes.....but didnt take 4 hours on them..which is what other tuners are saying is required...hence my opening question.

If you don't question why everyone else on the planet takes 3-4 hours and one guy does it in 10 mins, or via a whatsapp message etc.

Anyway, Dave Woods Racing is now doing the 1290 SAS / SAR, quite tempted but still not seen a single report from anyone on a dyno setup session with these bikes.

Dave is closest to me, and used to race KTM's so I think he knows his way around them, if anyone else fancies doing it I would be happy to ask if he could do a discount for 2 bikes, although he cannot do 10 per day like HT, but I like that, I can see the bike has been dyno tested at every RPM and throttle setting and optimised.

Back
Top Bottom