TFT Connectivity - what's all the fuss about?

richardbd

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've just taken delivery of my shiny new tft-equipped bike. It replaces a 2016 pre-tft bike.

I've always had my helmet paired with the GPS (Nav 5, now Nav 6), my phone paid to the GPS and music (rarely used) loaded on the GPS.

I keep reading about bods having endless problems making all the pairing combinations work with the new TFT bikes.

My question is whether there's any point in bothering to try?

I'm quite happy with the simple connections between (BMW) helmet and GPS, so what do I miss out on if I just ignore the option of connecting to the TFT?

:nenau:nenau:nenau

But if you don’t connect all your widgets to all your gadgets you are not a riding god. :beerjug:

I've tried a first of the recommended methods and couldn't get it to work, and today intended to try a second, but now my Cardo slim appears to be stuffed. Whereas I could get two phone pairing on it before, now it will only fill one channel (but will give me the choice of which one) - and not the second. Tried deleting all connections, resetting the cardo, re-installing the software - nada.

Rang Cardo, but the phone's not manned, hopefully will get back to me via the contact form.

Almost frustrated to tears.

I've tried a first of the recommended methods and couldn't get it to work, and today intended to try a second, but now my Cardo slim appears to be stuffed. Whereas I could get two phone pairing on it before, now it will only fill one channel (but will give me the choice of which one) - and not the second. Tried deleting all connections, resetting the cardo, re-installing the software - nada.

Rang Cardo, but the phone's not manned, hopefully will get back to me via the contact form.

Almost frustrated to tears.

Lots of similar tales. The thing I'm genuinely unclear about though isn't how to make it work but why bother in the first place?

Am I missing something?

Lots of similar tales. The thing I'm genuinely unclear about though isn't how to make it work but why bother in the first place?

Am I missing something?

The only reason for me was the detail of the phone - telling you who's calling, phone book etc. Scrolling through address book and dialling with the wheel is a lot easier than stopping, gloves off, find phone etc.

You need the phone connected with the BMW tft for ride connected app for speed limit to display on the tft, also to answer phone calls.

The only reason for me was the detail of the phone - telling you who's calling, phone book etc. Scrolling through address book and dialling with the wheel is a lot easier than stopping, gloves off, find phone etc.

I can do all that with my phone and helmet just connected to the Nav6...

You need the phone connected with the BMW tft for ride connected app for speed limit to display on the tft, also to answer phone calls.

No I don't. I can answer the phone perfectly with the phone just connected to the Nav6 and the speed limit displays on the Nav6 all the time.

I get the point about the Connected Ride app but what does that tell me that the Nav6 doesn't - or that I really need to know?

Embrace the future don't question it!

I'm supposed to be undercover the gloves thread isn't helping

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

I can do all that with my phone and helmet just connected to the Nav6...

I can't with my Android phone when using the wheel.

Mind you, it is a company phone and the cheapest 'smart phone' there is...

You guys seem knowledgeable about the tft and all it’s little tricks, so here goes.
When the two helmets are connected to the tft can each helmet take phone calls from their own phone as well ?? Sorry to hi jack the post but new bike is driving me crazy, I’m sitting in the garage staring at it. A lot...🤪
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom