Anyone had a good run on Haibike Sduro Trekking 1.0 or 3.0

I have a 52cm 2018 Haibike sDuro Trekking 7.0 with a pathetic 800 miles on the clock. It’s great but I’m selling it because I don’t use it.

Maybe that could work for you -depending on geography...

Oh.. this just adds to my confusion.. The current trekking 7 is not a Sduro model, but a little googling found the spec on the Sduro trekking 7.0. That's quite a lot of bike with some choice components. If I'm right though, the small front chain ring with an internal gearbox adds to the drag when not assisted, so whilst never having ridden one, I decided against any small chain ringed bikes.. Looking through the Haibikes current website, almost all have a more normal sized 38 teeth chainring, expect the Sduro Hardseven 4.0 that has a front shifter for a 20 speed drivetrain.

Whilst your post is not technically a for sale advert, rather more of a suggestion, what sort of price would you have in mind?

I may have to bash my head against a wall for a bit before I can get to sleep...

I measured myself at work the other day, so wearing safety shoes, I was 179cm or 5'10 1/2". My inside leg (wearing slippers) this evening was 82cm and my arm length is about 63cm. According to Pure electric bike size guide, that makes my arms and legs a little longer than average.

Similar to me, you're more leggy though. Sounds like the Large would fit you.

Oh.. this just adds to my confusion.. The current trekking 7 is not a Sduro model, but a little googling found the spec on the Sduro trekking 7.0. That's quite a lot of bike with some choice components. If I'm right though, the small front chain ring with an internal gearbox adds to the drag when not assisted, so whilst never having ridden one, I decided against any small chain ringed bikes.. Looking through the Haibikes current website, almost all have a more normal sized 38 teeth chainring, expect the Sduro Hardseven 4.0 that has a front shifter for a 20 speed drivetrain.

Whilst your post is not technically a for sale advert, rather more of a suggestion, what sort of price would you have in mind?

I may have to bash my head against a wall for a bit before I can get to sleep...

To avoid breaking any rules, I've sent you a PM. Thanks

Haibikes do come up on the large size, mine is a medium frame and we had to take about 1 1/2 inches off the seat post, I am 5'11" with a 32 1/2" inside leg measurement

To avoid breaking any rules, I've sent you a PM. Thanks

I've replied to the private message, and I've declined this particular bike as whilst I can see Cheshire from my house in Lancashire, there's no chance of me getting the bike in my panda as we're beyond a comfortable ride home distance.

But if someone else want's to start saving up for it, it may well come up in a proper advert at a later date.

I have a 52cm 2018 Haibike sDuro Trekking 7.0 with a pathetic 800 miles on the clock. It’s great but I’m selling it because I don’t use it.

Maybe that could work for you -depending on geography...

619fafe460eda742449e59e6dc12d764.jpg

That's a good looking bike, I'm looking to replace my 20 year old Gary Fisher Hybrid this year and was looking at these, but couldn't justify the price of a new one for something that I only use for local pottering about and keeping everything ticking over.

That's a good looking bike, I'm looking to replace my 20 year old Gary Fisher Hybrid this year and was looking at these, but couldn't justify the price of a new one for something that I only use for local pottering about and keeping everything ticking over.

I’ve put the bike on eBay now. If anyone’s interested just let me know by PM.

I've all but convinced myself of the one I'm going to buy, and then this morning my worn out orange bike was lying on it's side. I'm hoping it fell out of the shelter in the wind, rather than some scrote realising there's a bike they fancy stealing.

Just on the safe side I purchased two waterproof doormats so when/if the electric bike arrives it can live in the hallway for a bit.

:banghead:

I've put things in a shopping basket.. I've taken thinks back out.. I've looked at other stuff which may be worth getting and checked reviews for them.

My typical indecision was eventually rationalised to the Sduro Trekking 3.0 and a new lock. Transferred the money from savings to my online shopping account. Payment made to website. Thanks for the order.

The bank have declined the transaction (£50 less than I transferred via the 'secure website'). I confirmed the transaction was me via text of all things!

The shop however has already paused the order until I speak to them... they're shut of course!

:banghead:

I love my haibike SDuro Trekking 3.0!

It arrived this morning fully assembled from Tredz via TNT. All I had to do was fit the pedals and straighten the handlebar. I then read the instructions on the bosch power system and realised it needed charging. I don't think my works will miss 2.5 hours considering the huge amount the furnaces take :green gri

I've ridden it home tonight in just under 30 minutes. Most of the way I was on eco at about 12 to 14 mph. Up the big hill I put it in tour and did a fairly regular 13.5mph. I tried turbo on the hill and easily reached 15.5mph :D

Yes I'm a bit sweaty, but I'm by no means shattered, and I'd still be at least 10 minutes or more away from getting home!

Oh, and thanks for the warnings on the size of the frame, which I ignored of course. I've dropped the seat post as far as it will go and it's just right for me, in my hiking boots!

i have the haibike full seven 1.0 - its a great bike! i want a downhill ebike now with longer suspension travel as i do a lot of bike trail riding. If anyone is interested in buying it get in touch! £2k

I've had to put a new chain onto mine at 1000 miles it was on my wear gauges first bit. Fingers crossed it works with the quick change otherwise it'll need a new set of rear cogs already!

I'm contemplating getting one of my regular bikes working again to save the ebike from the worst of the winter weather (and salted roads)?

I'm contemplating getting one of my regular bikes working again to save the ebike from the worst of the winter weather (and salted roads)?

Just make sure you rinse it off with cold water and dry it before putting it away.

After roughly 3700 miles in 25 months - I've basically killed the Sduro 3!

The drive motor started cutting out which made cycling without assistance a bit of a drag. I called a mobile Bosch ebike mechanic who has done some computer updates and found it's spewing out error codes for fun and the main drive bearing has collapsed and he said it's £50 for a new suitable bearing, plus £75 to fit it. He's going to try and get a new motor out of Bosch, but he considers it a little unlikely due to the high mileage and being 1 month out of date :blast

Would I buy another one... probably not!

I've switched to my Tern folding bike which is much lighter to carry up and down the steps at home, and is small enough to live indoors at work too. It did however require a new chain and rear cassette, both of which were only slightly dearer than the chain on the ebike. It also needed new brake blocks but the cantilever brake arms had actually bent their locating pins in the brake body, so I ended up buying a 2 pairs of Deore brakes. Those of course came with curved pads for bigger wheels so they've gone into the just in case collection.

How much is a completely new drive motor? I take it it's not economic to replace it? I did read recently of a place that offers a refurbished motor exchange plan (they send you a reconditioned motor, you send your knackered one back for a proportional refund), if I can find it again I will post here.

How much is a completely new drive motor? I take it it's not economic to replace it? I did read recently of a place that offers a refurbished motor exchange plan (they send you a reconditioned motor, you send your knackered one back for a proportional refund), if I can find it again I will post here.

The mechanic said it was £500 to him, so I guess £500 to me plus his time to fit it?

I'm at the point where it's likely to want a new chain and rear cassette which probably won't be cheap either, so perhaps putting a new motor in it is a stretch :nenau

A bike that only lasts 3700 miles, and a chain that lasts 1000 miles? That’s either really poor quality or a combination of abuse and neglect. I expect my chains to last 2-3000 miles, and a bike (not electric) at least 12000 miles before any major components need replacing (chains, brake pads, wheel bearings and bottom brackets are consumables in my book)

The chain at a 1000 miles was simply to avoid having to do the cassette at the same time. I once let a chain go too far, swapped it and didn't notice it hadn't fully meshed into the worn cassette until I put a bit of pressure through it and I ended up on the tarmac.

My usual usage is everyday in all weathers, so I will accept a certain amount of abuse and neglect especially during winter.

Respect NRB. If I commuted every day in all weathers (and I have done, years ago) then I’d accept a higher level of wear and tear as my bikes wouldn’t get looked at except for a quick squirt of muc-off and a power wash at the weekend. The money saved on fares/petrol would more than pay for a few drive chain components.

Back
Top Bottom