Stupid Questions

needlongerlegs

Reaction score
Couple of Questions

Up until now been using alsorts of flavours of Garmin, recently a Zumo 396 with smart link.

I get sent lots of gpx files to follow.

Phone a Sam 9 connected to Nav 6 it seems Smartlink has been kneecaped, on the 396 I could squirt gpx files straight from my phone to Unit via Bluetooth/smartlink and off I went.

Is there a way of doing this with 6 or have I just taken five steps back? As in having to fire up a laptop and use usb cable.

Second question, seems there's deep dread of letting 6 go flat, several times it was impressed on me to keep it charged or it will go to sleep for ever, so is it OK to just leave on bike, will it stay charged if I do?

I let my Nav VI go flat on a regular basis, sometimes for many months at a time. It hasn’t died. There is of course two different ways to turn your Nav VI off:

1. Just plain turning it off, for instance when you turn the ignition of your bike off, leaving the device in the cradle. In this state, it is not fully off, it’s just asleep. The device’s battery will flatten but the device won’t die.

2. Removing the device from the cradle and holding down its power (on-off) button. This will turn the device fully off but the battery will slowly flatten even so. Again, the device will not die.

As to squirting routes from your phone to the device? Someone will know. I have never tried.

Back
Top Bottom