Crieff Cloverleaf

Thank you.

The GPX files download OK. Here’s a sample of one, using nothing more than an iPad and Pocket Earth. Instant jaunts, with no effort. Perfect.... but no doubt he’s missed the ‘must do’ two miles between the Tarn of Guilogtoon and the Kyle of Macinloadatosh but that’s life.

0801540976581f1cabf0ca47ff4f60b4.png

Here’s the video....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Xp7w7G7P7bM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Crieff Cloverleaf.:blast

Now that someone's invented a "catchy" route name and publicised it, it'll soon become just as crowded and spoiled as the "NC500" appears to have become.
Fat builder Bob from Bolton with the gold chain under his sweaty blue one piece humpy back leathers, and all of his geriatric bikermates, will be wobbling their way around it, prior to a night in a "biker friendly" doss house "en route to the NC, mate". :D :augie

Thank you

Thanks Wapping already booked into a BnB in Crieff this year. Web site will come in handy. :thumb2

Now that someone's invented a "catchy" route name and publicised it, it'll soon become just as crowded and spoiled as the "NC500" appears to have become.
Fat builder Bob from Bolton with the gold chain under his sweaty blue one piece humpy back leathers, and all of his geriatric bikermates, will be wobbling their way around it, prior to a night in a "biker friendly" doss house "en route to the NC, mate". :D :augie

Maybe should have been the Creiff Cloverfield to keep everyone away :D

And get new tyres at Strathearn tyres in Crieff while you're up there! Lots of fine roads around highland Perthshire. I hope they don't get too busy!

Good crieff, what have they done? :D

Though don’t worry, it’ll be only a day or two after lockdown is lifted that there’ll be appeals that start, “Me an, me free mates we is off to Jockland ‘cos France is well shut...” * and they’ll need routes. They won’t have found the website or indeed this thread as they won’t have troubled themselves to look nor had any imagination between the four of them as to how they might have done something for themselves. When they get there, they’ll be thrilled to meet other likeminds to kick back and chill with, which will mostly consist of moaning about motorhomes and worrying about malaria.

* at least I guess that wasn’t a misspelling.

PS It will also serve to keep them out of Wales and the Ardennes. So everyone will be happy.

I had a night in Crieff again on Saturday on the way to Ullapool, although I stopped in the biker friendly, but posh Merlindale B&B again :thumby:

There was a group of Ducati MS riders there who’d be riding the Crieff Cloverleaf routes and were gushing about them. It’s a fabulous area for riding, so you can’t blame them.

Attachments

• 7D38CA47-5F1E-409B-91C1-9D8CFB290D29.jpeg
    7D38CA47-5F1E-409B-91C1-9D8CFB290D29.jpeg
    120.2 KB · Views: 358
  • 46E4A3B6-2971-49E3-A385-F3CB8BB1EDA2.jpeg
    46E4A3B6-2971-49E3-A385-F3CB8BB1EDA2.jpeg
    131.5 KB · Views: 395
  • F0179E8E-8E33-4CA2-A435-8F440B36A9E0.jpeg
    F0179E8E-8E33-4CA2-A435-8F440B36A9E0.jpeg
    117.8 KB · Views: 373
Crieff

I think I would always stop in at Glen Lyon post office if in that neck of the woods, head to the end of the road and come back over to Ben Lawler dam and down to loch Tay, some great views

Back
Top Bottom