New Bike Day

fatbastard

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Phone call at 9am I will be with you in 15 mins.
1st Ducati I’ve owned and was probably a bit apprehensive, wasn’t sure what to expect but I hadn’t heard a bad review so that was a positive.
Bike a 2017 with 2400 miles Ducati service every year and one last week and fresh mot from the dealer.

As soon as the driver left it was helmet on and go , first impressions where god this is light , with the wide bars and high riding position you can Chuck it anywhere at slower speeds. Dodging potholes wasn’t an issue and slow walking pace riding is effortless.

I purchased the bike as a jump on at any time and play thing and again 1st impressions are I should have bought one in 2017. All I’m after is riding pleasure and I think this could be the bike.

Is it a real Ducati, I’m not sure I’ve always pictured a red sports bike with some kind of racing heritage that you buy with your heart not your head. This reminds me of the Yamaha XT500 from back in the day.

Attachments

• 49A43B07-8DDC-4F1C-97F1-4207D1DA9E8B.jpg
    49A43B07-8DDC-4F1C-97F1-4207D1DA9E8B.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 623
I think they are lovely bikes and yeah, it's a proper Ducati; it's desmo plus don't forget back in the day Ducati made singles and scramblers :thumb2

Enjoy :)

Andres

Not a big fan of the scrambler range but that look good, particularly with the gold wheels.

I like that a lot, health to enjoy Sir.

I also have the same model and I love it .
Light and fun the seats a pig but the rest is mint

Very nice.
I used to have a daily commute through a city and one of these passed me every day. I don’t consider myself a fast rider but having ridden around London for 20 years, the one situation I think I am fast is heavy city traffic - well I couldn’t keep up.
Great bike - enjoy

Very nice.
I used to have a daily commute through a city and one of these passed me every day. I don’t consider myself a fast rider but having ridden around London for 20 years, the one situation I think I am fast is heavy city traffic - well I couldn’t keep up.
Great bike - enjoy

Your a brave man , I’m always amazed when I’m working around London at the speed bikers ride at and can cut through traffic .
Bigger balls than me , my brothers did it for a few years and had some nasty bashes.

Your a brave man , I’m always amazed when I’m working around London at the speed bikers ride at and can cut through traffic .
Bigger balls than me , my brothers did it for a few years and had some nasty bashes.

Mind you, I left London 18 years ago - I suspect my balls were bigger back then, they’re just lower now :eek:

Quite enjoying this bike, easy bike to ride even around town just Chuck your leg over and away you go. No negatives so far.

Attachments

• 94F04EEA-6BE0-4871-898A-CE2B3B756360.jpg
    94F04EEA-6BE0-4871-898A-CE2B3B756360.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 413
  • D46F76D0-B6E7-45F6-83F7-11C406DD9CD5.jpeg
    D46F76D0-B6E7-45F6-83F7-11C406DD9CD5.jpeg
    163.7 KB · Views: 388
  • 74688F30-10EB-4B9B-BE1B-4EBBC53DC161.jpg
    74688F30-10EB-4B9B-BE1B-4EBBC53DC161.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 416
Nice bike! I am slobbering on the keyboard
Did you tackle any gravel road?
How is it to live with every day?

My dad got a 1981 XT500 with golden rims and black/aluminium tank with the red stripe so I really love the desert sled

I’ve not done any off-road yet been working away so just done local runs , I’m home this weekend hope to get away on it and see what it can do off road . It’s going to be manage more than my capabilities.
For a bike just to just jump on and go it’s perfect .

I rode one when they first came out. I was impressed with how much low down grunt there was
and the agility of it through the Manchester traffic. It was certainly quick off the line at traffic lights
and I'd like to have had time to take it into the countryside.

And yes it's a real Ducati, it's air cooled.:) (the old Ducati Monster engine I think).:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom