What have you done to your LC today

No offence taken, I didn’t know the bmw part would fit if I did I may have taken that route. If this thread has opened up that route for others then all good I say. If you ride on the road only like 95% of the people do on this forum I wouldn’t bother fitting a fan.

Maybe BMW make this for good oil temp, to cold maybe not so good, boil hot not good also, maybe BMW choose average europe climate.

Maybe BMW make this for good oil temp, to cold maybe not so good, boil hot not good also, maybe BMW choose average europe climate.

Maybe, but this won’t change your engine/coolant temp, it just brings it back to optimum temp quicker when it’s to hot.

Our bikes run cooler due to correct fuelling via the axfied :D

Got the exhaust and fuelling all in hand with full Akro and a remap. This was just a thread for people who are tinkering with their LC’s over lockdown and beyond.

Our bikes run cooler due to correct fuelling via the axfied :D

Not sure with cooler, but better for sure. :beerjug: no magi, sorry OP back to topic, maybe I buy old fan just to see, if we can go out for ride in summer.

Over the last few years I’ve lost count on the modifications I’ve made to mine, I don’t think any of them are for looks, all serve a purpose to make it easier or more comfortable to ride, and to protect it when I drop it.

I know it may be considered somewhat cynical to ever criticise BMW Motorrad :rolleyes:, however I always thought it was BMW penny pinching (rather than engineering logic) to only fit one fan. :nenau

Why two, if one is good enough - cheaper, less weight and complexity?

I've never felt the need to add a second one - the fan cuts in at 100c and drops out a bit later. On mine it only cuts in when stuck or crawling in traffic, once above (around) 20mph it never cuts in.

My old Honda Firestorm had twin rads, but only one fan, as does (I believe) the VFR800.

Today I fitted the sergeant seats I bought from this site..... then going out for a shortish ride to make sure they were okay, and fill the tank as I will be needing the bike to travel to work (key worker)

Verdict; I like the sergeant seats.

Today I started mine and checked the suspension was still working after 2 years in the garage (injury, long boring story). I am looking forward to getting her MOT’d and taxed again when we are allowed out to play.

Today I fitted the sergeant seats I bought from this site..... then going out for a shortish ride to make sure they were okay, and fill the tank as I will be needing the bike to travel to work (key worker)

Verdict; I like the sergeant seats.

I can’t remember if it was a Corbin or a Sargent on my old Buell, I liked it whichever it was. Standard bmw seats a not good to me, now have seat concepts on mine.

Oh and must be a solar eclipse as I cleaned it today after commuting on it Saturday morning. Really hoping we can at least travel around the uk at Easter.

Had a tinker again today. Fitted a givi power hub to my nearside pannier. They are designed for a tank bag but I wanted power to the pannier for drone, batteries, powerpack etc. I had a spare take off from my hex can so I thought I’d have a go. Started by drilling a hole in the pannier.
f0bd67f4b4449d05ee2eef22b3c9f69e.jpg

Then fitted what I called the bulkhead fitting
1c730f3067c23ca476d415b69e728413.jpg

It was then a case of mounting the hub with the dual lock provided.
464f6ccb652143310b5b3ea556d005ff.jpg

I didn’t buy the power lead as I didn’t have far to go to the power supply under the seat so I cut the end off and soldered the hexcan connector on. The only time I fit the panniers is when I go away so will leave the hub in the pannier and when not in use disconnect it form the hexcan and fit a blanking plug.
44c4f9ed4cb7b8887e9a9685cde8249b.jpg

Today I repaired the stripped threaded hole that is supposed to take the bottom bolt that holds on the rear plastic mudguard thingy.
I removed the thingy to aid removal of the rear wheel. When I took out the bottom bolt it would not separate from the guard as the thread seem to look like had come out with the thread from the FD housing. Upon closer inspection it was the remains of a Helicoil.
As I have owned the bike from new, 2017, 30,000mls, and thought I knew all of it's history, I am annoyed that someone has stripped a thread then made a poor job off fixing it and kept quiet about it, Helicoils should not come, someone had over tightened the bolt into the Helicoil and stripped that out!
It can only be the servicing dealer or the tyre fitter (ride in/out) and when it was done?, who knows.
I was left with an over sized hole in the FD housing.
My fix was to take a 12mm bolt, drill down it's length and tap it out to 6mm, cut off an appropriate length to make a reducing insert. Then I drilled out the old bolt hole in the FD and tapped it out to 12mm and put in the insert with threadlock. All seems to be holding together nicely.

Fitted the Rallye seat and went for a short run to see how it was.

When I test rode on of the first 1200 rally’s that had a single seat like that on it I found it really comfy.

Started to manufacture a mold for side fairing wind flaps, as a part of my fight against buffeting. My bike is 2021 R1250GS, non-adv. The mold has been done and now waiting for tinted acrylic sheet to arrive to start cutting and bending.
Wind flaps are my last option as I've done all the rest possible and reduced buffeting by 90%. I'm 6f2.5 tall with 34 inseam and buffeting was a problem on all of the bikes with windshields I owned. I'd usually change windscreen, mirrors, helmet... but at the end side fairing wind flaps would solve the problem up to 100%.
I already have Puig Touring screen. It reduced 70% of buffeting (before that I couldn't ride my bike over 60 mph as head shake was so bed I'd loose my vision completely). Then I made little brackets to change the angle of the screen. They tilted the screen towards me as much as possible and after that the buffeting was 90% gone. Then I ordered screen spoiler (laminar lip) from Puig and drilled the screen and installed it. It did nothing to improve the situation. I feel sorry for drilling the screen...
My design looks a lot like Wunderlich but my flaps are not as wide and I still have to work on mounting brackets.
If my design fails, the next step will be Wunderlich flaps (that I don't like).

Back
Top Bottom