Auf Wiedersehen GS

Ronno

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I sold my GS yesterday which was a bit of a wrench but due to slight balance issues as a result of my head injury a year ago, I knew that it was time to let her go as I know there is no chance of me riding again. I just wouldn't have confidence and would always be worried in case I timbered over especially at junctions where I had to stop and put a foot down. I truth, I hadn't ridden the bike for a long time even before my accident so that wasn't the reason that I've thrown the towel in. It just confirmed to me that it was time to sell her. I've got some great memories of some great trips and meet ups with some outstanding folk.

Now I just need to get rid of a fair bit of biking gear...:beerjug:

Always a sad day when you have to give up riding. :comfort

Sad to be reading that Ronno .... couldn't you manage just a small 'bike?

All the best to you

:beerjug:

13 years ago :eek:

End of an era Ronnie.... but it sounds like it was the right decision.

Thank YOU for being a part of this place, hope you will still be sticking around here.

:beerjug:

Attachments

• 4A7B8E2B-B724-44E5-BC6F-B4BE110964CB.jpg
    4A7B8E2B-B724-44E5-BC6F-B4BE110964CB.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 423
Thanks for your kind words Paul. I will do :beerjug:

All the best Ronno, at least you have mostly recovered from your head injury which is the main thing. How about a trike or a combo? :D I'll get my coat!

Thanks for the kind words folks but I'm totally OK about having to retire from biking. I'm just glad I'm still able to do lots of other things that I enjoy. Like drinking whisky and erm...drinking whisky

Slainte

Thanks for the kind words folks but I'm totally OK about having to retire from biking. I'm just glad I'm still able to do lots of other things that I enjoy. Like drinking whisky and erm...drinking whisky

Slainte

You still on Caol Ila or have you moved onwards and upwards these days ?

You still on Caol Ila or have you moved onwards and upwards these days ?
I enjoy the odd Caol Ila Distillers Edition which I'm lucky enough to get at heavy discount at work. It really is class in a glass mate

I enjoy the odd Caol Ila Distillers Edition which I'm lucky enough to get at heavy discount at work. It really is class in a glass mate

I think the last time I drank whisky was at GOTC 2009 from your hip flask !
Might have to try some of that !

I'm sorry to hear that you're not fully 100% and applaud your bravery in knowing what is and what isn't a good idea.

Hope you keep well to keep on enjoying a tipple every now and then.

Hey ronno, don’t give up hope, this new self riding and balancing GS is on the horizon .

So it seems you've got to give up biking due to balance issues but drinking whisky is fine.

I'm the opposite of this as i find that drinking whisky gives me balance issues.

All the best Ronno.

Back
Top Bottom