Biker friendly campsite.... Dordogne

How did you discover Camping Moto Dordogne, was it by random chance whilst Goggling, a previous visit or a biker mate recommendation?

The map strongly suggests there are some risque alternatives in the immediate vicinity, especially for those whom wish to navel gaze and commune with nature. :eek:

Attachments

• Camping Moto Dordogne.jpg
    Camping Moto Dordogne.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 200
I tripped over it, purely by chance.

It’s not my cup of tea but others might well think it ace.

I stayed at this one https://nl.lecampingmoto.net/ a while back. Hang on, 1990 was quite a while back.

It was what I what I could describe as a relaxed campsite mostly occupied by motorcyclists rather than a biker campsite.

It was run by a Dutch couple then and it looks like it still is. Quite possibly the same ones.

I've stayed there a few times, just for a couple of days, it's very popular with Harley/Cruise/Chopper rider's and quite a party site. Dutch couple owned and ran it first and the guy died of cancer I believe, and the guy who runs it now helped run it with the guys wife may be(friend of theirs or worked for them may be).
Four Harley couples I know have met for a week there every year for a lot of years, last year was the first the two Brit couples missed. I rode in there first time 14 years ago with two groups of Harley rider's from Holland and Germany, customised and chopped Harley's and acres of tattoos, patches and denim, looked like Hells Angel protection mob for my RS:) It's quite a fun site, food good, plenty of beer and party time and music, tools, workshop and breakdown help if you need to tinker with your steed of awsomeness.

Back
Top Bottom