Sick of bike being in Garage!

Barnoe

Moto Vlogger
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Is anyone going out for rides even though we are locked down?
When i woke this morning i wanted to take a trip out on the bike, but feel like i shouldn't really.

I was going to just do a small round trip, and see this "Singing tree" that my mates told me about over a year ago!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singing_Ringing_Tree_(Panopticons)

its nothing more than an excuse to ride the bike lol
Just wondered if anyone is getting out?

Not yet. May run a couple of errands next week (forecast looks good), but I'll be collecting "shopping"... going to the butcher in Grange over Sands, and off to Lancaster to the key-cutter. Desperate like you tho :)

Plus - hoping Boris is going to let us have a bit of "release" after his speech on Monday ;)

I'll be out and about today, but on the Blood Bike. Next scheduled run out is to Bowker's for a service on Thursday. Other than that, only using the bike for essential journeys/shopping.
Last time I was out on the bike was on the 25th and 27th December, again for Blood Bikes.
I'm champing at the bit to go for a leisure ride, hopefully sometime soon! ;)

I’m feeling the same way, Barnoe, but there’s no way I want to jeopardise being able to do stuff in the summer... For me or anyone else.

First day he lifts any sort of lockdown it will be like the TDF TT and Le-Mans have merged ,

Unfortunately it will come with all the twattery thats associated with Ninja Warriors, Spandex clad Eddie Merckx wannabes and old duffers giving the old

girl a run out.

That will fill a few A&E departments lol

Judging by the sounds I’m hearing today nearby, plenty of folk are out for a ride.

Yes, sounds like plenty heading up (and down) the Lune Valley, Lancaster to Kirkby Lonsdale!

I’m feeling the same way, Barnoe, but there’s no way I want to jeopardise being able to do stuff in the summer... For me or anyone else.

Plenty of bikes out in the Dales today, looking at FB pics from Devil’s bridge and Hawes

We already know that not everyone shares the same viewpoint on riding, and then there are some that are just selfish ;)

I don’t feel the need to go out on the bike yet. Besides, my GS has no handlebars at the moment as I’m in the middle of swapping them so it’s going nowhere until i get around to finishing the job...

Plenty of bikes out in the Dales today, looking at FB pics from Devil’s bridge and Hawes

We already know that not everyone shares the same viewpoint on riding, and then there are some that are just selfish ;)

I don’t feel the need to go out on the bike yet. Besides, my GS has no handlebars at the moment as I’m in the middle of swapping them so it’s going nowhere until i get around to finishing the job...

If I had to get out - Devil’s bridge and Manor cafe would be the places in the Dales that I would be least likely to frequent

I get to ride mine come rain or shine on my hospital visits for treatment. Never been stopped or questioned and regularly see bikes up at Seaways cafe who remain open for take outs in the new outside seating area.

Took the Fat Boy to do my vaccination COVID clinic today . How very very very nice . Loads of people out on bikes and in classic cars. . Very packed on the beach as well today . Did 90 Astra Zeneca Jabs today in just under 6 hours :thumb

153132423_10159693017045832_8946457243713325345_o.jpg

Devils bridge today (borrowed pic, I didn't use my motorbike today)

Avoid Derbyshire. One or two seen today with two cop cars following close behind. Through Bakewell. Mine’s stopping in the garage for now. E bikes taken over for now.

I had a run around yesterday to get the bike nice and hot to check the oil level for some maintenance, stopped once to get a picture.

No great roads, no lovely scenery but it still felt great.

0 contact with other humans, mostly 30,40mph speed limits.

Air cooled Harley, so no change of letting it sit idling to warm her up.

Back
Top Bottom