Tyre Valve Reducer

OldCroc

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Google has not been my friend here. I have tubeless wheels with the rubber valves which fit a 11.3mm hole. I want to put in metal valves and they fit an 8mm hole. I have been informed that there is a reducer or seal availible to reduce from 11.3 to 8mm. Has anyone heard of this and more importantly, where do I get them? Thanks in advance.

Not the answer your looking for but would it not be easier to use the correct valve size? Of course assuming you can get them. JJH

Not the answer your looking for but would it not be easier to use the correct valve size? Of course assuming you can get them. JJH

The plan is to fit tyre pressure sensors and the only OEM ones I can find are fitted with a 8mm valve stem.

You must be pulling your hair out after getting all the bits together and finding yet another problem. Hope you get sorted soon.

TPMS

You must be pulling your hair out after getting all the bits together and finding yet another problem. Hope you get sorted soon.

Ant, you would be right if I had any hair left! Not been helped much by duff information from some experts including the dealers who still insist that TPMS cannot be retrofitted on this bike. I have all I need and everything is coded in including the sensors which are indeed 11.3mm (not 8mm as I was told!). I will be fitting the sensors into the wheels next week which will be the acid test. At the moment when I ride the bike I get an error message for the sensors which is what I would expect as they are not measuring any pressure or bring ‘woken uo’ by the revolutions of the wheel. I’ll let you know how I get on next week.

Honda used to do bolt in reducers for comstar wheels so that you could retrofit tubes ( at the time very few tyres were actually tubeless), they might work .

Why not:

Leave a standard air connection fitting where the original is.

Drill a hole on the opposite side of the rim to suit the new sensor.

Thanks to ask for the advice. As it happens I did not need a reducer in the end as I been given some diff information. I now have working tyre pressure monitors where there was nothing before.
36830e8432d89657d399e3fd11896368.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom