New HD Pan America on HD site now.

I went over to the dealership and finalised the deal this afternoon. Swapped the clear anodised panniers that I previously had on order to the black anodised ones - which were in stock as well.

All the accessories I had ordered are also sitting there waiting for the bike to turn up. Titanium exhaust, K&N air filter, big bash plate, radiator guard, tank pads, reduced reach seat and short smoked screen.....

Wow it'll be well farkled from the get go, nice! Looking forward to your initial thoughts after you return from Cornwall.

Sorry to learn of Nancy Davidson's passing. :(

Decisions, decisions......Guildford HD just called me to say they will be getting a Pan America Special with ARH and wire wheels delivered next week.

It's black, but the one I ordered is grey. But is still on the boat and now not expected until August 15th.

So....do I go for the black one or wait another month. I think I am leaning towards the black....

Buy the colour you like the most, otherwise over time it will just eat away at you

Buy the colour you like the most, otherwise over time it will just eat away at you

The only colour option I really wasn't sure about was the orange/white. If I'd been offered that, I probably would have waited the extra month.

The green would also potentially have been an issue - but I haven't seen that in the flesh yet.

I'm kind of pleased with the black to be honest. The dealership had said last week there may be a green one coming in in a couple of weeks that they were expecting the buyer to cancel - so I could possibly have had that one.

Black will be just fine with me and should look sharp with the black side cases. Kind of like a triple black GS.

Morning Adm,

Good to hear your getting your bike early.

One thing to check with your dealer re your cases, is that the have the frame for them. Mate of mine picked up his bike last week, expecting to have cases on the bike, only to be told that the frames were on back order.

Morning Adm,

Good to hear your getting your bike early.

One thing to check with your dealer re your cases, is that the have the frame for them. Mate of mine picked up his bike last week, expecting to have cases on the bike, only to be told that the frames were on back order.

:) They do. All my parts are in stock and waiting for the bike. I went and checked with them yesterday. The parts department has a big pile of boxes with my name on.

They wanted to charge me 4 hours labour for fitting everything, but bugger that. I told them to just put the bike and all the accessories in the van and bring it all to me. I'll spend a few happy hours fitting the side case frames and pipe.

The only thing that isn't confirmed in stock yet is a new clamp and gasket for the exhaust. The installation instructions say these are needed. They are different to the stock ones and are not included with the pipe purchase for some reason. Just waiting to hear if they have these - but hopefully they will.

No affiliation, this is a youtuber I enjoy

she recently did the first iron butt on her Pan AM, now heading across the states

The only thing that isn't confirmed in stock yet is a new clamp and gasket for the exhaust. The installation instructions say these are needed. They are different to the stock ones and are not included with the pipe purchase for some reason. Just waiting to hear if they have these - but hopefully they will.

Dealership confirmed that no new clamp is needed as the bike is brand new, but gasket is needed, they have it and it will come with the bike.

That looks like all boxes checked...

I test rode a Pan America at the International Motorcycle Show here in California on Friday. They were letting riders take one out and go on a recommended street loop for 20 minutes or so, pavement only (no dirt/adv riding).

I was underwhelmed. Then again, my 2012 R1200GS is pretty much the perfect motorcycle, so I’m biased.:cool:

The up/down seat thing is overrated imho. The bike doesn’t sit that high to begin with, compared to my standard height GS. As a result, the cockpit feels a bit cramped for an ADV bike - legs are bent more than I would like.

The bar position seemed way too low. Even though I have 2” risers on my bike, still seems too low to me. Oddly, standing on the pegs I was still able to reach the bars without bending much. Probably because of the lower peg/seat height.

My hands literally hurt at the end of a 20 minute test ride, due to the pressure on them from the bars/grips. Have no idea what that was all about - never had that experience before on any bike, including several Harley’s I’ve owned and ridden tens of thousands of miles.

My ankles got roasted on both sides. I was wearing low boots and showing a bit of leg, so that didn’t help. But seems like that would make for toasty feet on a hot day.

The seat was rock hard.

The power was notchy at the bottom of the throttle - not great for off-road work.

It offered only three (or four?) ride modes, none of them dirt-specific that I could see. And changing them made adjustments to both the ECU and the suspension. No separate suspension adjustments on the bars, although it does claim to have dynamic suspension adjustment.

Lastly, 150HP seems overkill to me, particularly for a heavy ADV bike like this one. I have 110 or so on my GS, and it’s plenty for two-up fully loaded camping riding.

Some boring facts for you..

Thailand to Zebrugge is 30-34 days depending on sea state... so if it was built today.... it will be at least 3-7 days before Port of departure..

Then say 32 days at sea... 2 days custom clearance and a day into HD Europe DC...so that’s 41 days from today.... then it needs to be shipped to UK.. lets say two shipments @ week - so 3 days, clearance 1 day then dealer.... if delivered DTS.. Dealer has to unbox and PDI.. 3 days..

I reckon 47 days.....

W/C 19th July in your paws.......let’s see how close I am..

Thread revival, but very, very close indeed. In fact, totally correct.

The bike actually arrived at Guildford on 22nd July and was PDI'ed and ready to go last Friday. I was away on a bike trip to Wales for a long weekend. Then I wanted to get it ceramic coated before I took it, which happened today. But....I am off on a 4 day bike trip to Cornwall tomorrow and as I am the (F**kin' C*nt) Road Craptain for the ride I didn't really want to embarrass myself by falling off my brand new bike. So it's getting delivered to me on Tuesday morning.

Thread revival, but very, very close indeed. In fact, totally correct.

The bike actually arrived at Guildford on 22nd July and was PDI'ed and ready to go last Friday. I was away on a bike trip to Wales for a long weekend. Then I wanted to get it ceramic coated before I took it, which happened today. But....I am off on a 4 day bike trip to Cornwall tomorrow and as I am the (F**kin' C*nt) Road Craptain for the ride I didn't really want to embarrass myself by falling off my brand new bike. So it's getting delivered to me on Tuesday morning.

Fucking Raod Captain.

What a WANKER.

FUCK OFF.

Aaaaaaaannnnnnndddddd......Fuck you too. ****. At least I am riding rather than wanking on a website.

I am doing both, they call it multi tasking.

Road Captain......Bwhahahahahahahahahahwhjahahahwhahahahwhahahahwhahah, laughed so hard I popped a bollock.

You can still fuck off or you can join me in a wanking competition, the call is yours sweetcheeks.

I am doing both, they call it multi tasking.

Road Captain......Bwhahahahahahahahahahwhjahahahwhahahahwhahahahwhahah, laughed so hard I popped a bollock.

You can still fuck off or you can join me in a wanking competition, the call is yours sweetcheeks.

I think we've been through the whole Road Captain thing in earlier threads. I make no apologies.

I'm actually surprised you still have a bollock left to pop given all the emasculated sounding whining that you do.

Sorry. I don't really want to get personal, but you can still fuck off. I'm off to Cornwall for 4 days, then getting a new bike, so happy days!

I think we've been through the whole Road Captain thing in earlier threads. I make no apologies.

I'm actually surprised you still have a bollock left to pop given all the emasculated sounding whining that you do.

Sorry. I don't really want to get personal, but you can still fuck off. I'm off to Cornwall for 4 days, then getting a new bike, so happy days!

"Sorry I don`t want to get personal" That wasn`t personal, nothing could ever be personal, I have nothing that is private anymore, my Mother was a whore, my wife if mentally fucked, my own life is a fucking travesty of life, I have nothing to hide, I care not that I live or die, I hate all the British, life is a fucking sufferance and death does not want me, not does it know what to do with me.

I have called the devil, he never returns my calls and Oi just don`t give a fuck...And you bring up personal, well sorry if I disappoint you for not being vexatious.

I never noticed when you were born, nor will I notice your demise....That`s as good as it gets cobber.

Now off you fuck.

"Sorry I don`t want to get personal" That wasn`t personal, nothing could ever be personal, I have nothing that is private anymore, my Mother was a whore, my wife if mentally fucked, my own life is a fucking travesty of life, I have nothing to hide, I care not that I live or die, I hate all the British, life is a fucking sufferance and death does not want me, not does it know what to do with me.

I have called the devil, he never returns my calls and Oi just don`t give a fuck...And you bring up personal, well sorry if I disappoint you for not being vexatious.

I never noticed when you were born, nor will I notice your demise....That`s as good as it gets cobber.

Now off you fuck.

Exactly what I meant by emasculated whining. Fancy a pint?

Exactly what I meant by emasculated whining. Fancy a pint?

I will have a pint of emasculated whining if that is what you want...If it is what you feel I need in order to present a level playing field for yourself, then fill you boots.

However I suggest we let blood flow and drink a pint of each others blood...No warmers, just straight.

I will have a pint of emasculated whining if that is what you want...If it is what you feel I need in order to present a level playing field for yourself, then fill you boots.

However I suggest we let blood flow and drink a pint of each others blood...No warmers, just straight.

Surely, if we did the blood thing then you would also end up being part.....................Road Captain? How embarrassing. I suppose you don't care though.

I'm up for it.

Back
Top Bottom