New HD Pan America on HD site now.

Surely, if we did the blood thing then you would also end up being part.....................Road Captain? How embarrassing. I suppose you don't care though.

I'm up for it.

Right, we can do this, I will look into getting it arranged...Obviously you will have to be screened for HIV, being a road captain and all.

Right, we can do this, I will look into getting it arranged...Obviously you will have to be screened for HIV, being a road captain and all.

Perfect. Can you source the drinking skulls as well, or should I harvest those from the HOG contingent myself?

Morning !! ( hope your heads not to sore Att)
Post up when you get it.. with a more detailed as used review!!

Weather forecast for the West Country is a bit grim…..

It was just a few showers.

Started a little wet in Guildford, dry by the time time we got to Salisbury and then the weather was pretty much beautiful for the whole weekend. Just back home and on my third beer now.

It was a glorious Saturday at Tregenna Castle (where they recently had the G7). One of our members brothers just happens to own it, so they fed and watered us:

IMG_6573-XL.jpg

And the PanAm will be here in the morning!

Happy New Bike Day for tomorrow! :bounce1

Thank you. Once it gets dropped off, I will spend the rest of the day enjoyably installing all my "bits" and of course riding around like a loon with a big grin on my face.

Pics please as soon as it arrives?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoy your new bike. Nice turn out for your trip.

Thank you. Once it gets dropped off, I will spend the rest of the day enjoyably installing all my "bits" and of course riding around like a loon with a big grin on my face.

Fantastic

Happy new bike day :cool:

OK, here's a few photos. The bike arrived at about 10am. I installed the radiator guard and then took it out for a quick 50 miles. It's a cracking bike, even with the stock pipe and still running it in.

IMG_6637-XL.jpg

IMG_6640-XL.jpg

IMG_6642-XL.jpg

Then I spent a few hours adding accessories. Titanium exhaust, big bash plate, short smoked screen, hard wired power for my Garmin, side case frames and black side cases. A few more pics here, but none with the boxes as it got dark. I got another 50 miles in after I installed the pipe and screen - it sounds much better now.

IMG_6651-XL.jpg

IMG_6654-XL.jpg

Tomorrow I will finish up with the high flow air filter and exhaust guard, then that's about it until my knock off Chinese Rox Risers copy arrive. I'll just have to ride it instead of farkling it.

Oh - I also have some Chinese knock off Touratech highway pegs to go on the crash bars.

One thing that really surprised me is that the short screen seems to be quieter than the stock one. The stock one had a fair bit of wind noise and seemed to throw the air up to about the middle of my helmet. No buffeting, but it was noisy at speed. Counterintuitively, the short screen seems to throw the air a bit higher and seems to go over my helmet. More experimentation is needed here....

Happy Days!

The smaller aftermarket can definitely looks better. Will that along with a high flow air filter require a flash?

I always ran a puig sports screen on my GS - left my helmet in cleaner air snd much more comfortable..

OK, here's a few photos. The bike arrived at about 10am. I installed the radiator guard and then took it out for a quick 50 miles. It's a cracking bike, even with the stock pipe and still running it in.

IMG_6637-XL.jpg

IMG_6640-XL.jpg

IMG_6642-XL.jpg

Then I spent a few hours adding accessories. Titanium exhaust, big bash plate, short smoked screen, hard wired power for my Garmin, side case frames and black side cases. A few more pics here, but none with the boxes as it got dark. I got another 50 miles in after I installed the pipe and screen - it sounds much better now.

IMG_6651-XL.jpg

IMG_6654-XL.jpg

Tomorrow I will finish up with the high flow air filter and exhaust guard, then that's about it until my knock off Chinese Rox Risers copy arrive. I'll just have to ride it instead of farkling it.

Oh - I also have some Chinese knock off Touratech highway pegs to go on the crash bars.

One thing that really surprised me is that the short screen seems to be quieter than the stock one. The stock one had a fair bit of wind noise and seemed to throw the air up to about the middle of my helmet. No buffeting, but it was noisy at speed. Counterintuitively, the short screen seems to throw the air a bit higher and seems to go over my helmet. More experimentation is needed here....

Happy Days!

That looks amazing Adam :cool:

Lovely !
Think I prefer the OE can as the aftermarket is too skinny and makes a big gap .
Shame they didn’t do a shorter stubby instead, obviously IMHO.
But stunning bike.

Lovely !
Think I prefer the OE can as the aftermarket is too skinny and makes a big gap .
Shame they didn’t do a shorter stubby instead, obviously IMHO.
But stunning bike.

There is a short, stubby carbon fibre pipe on the way from Fuel Moto. Which I will need to resist.... I'm sure others will also be along in the near future.

Now I just need a toolbox to fit in the side case frame.

A couple more photos with the bags:

IMG_6659-XL.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

IMG_6660-XL.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

I will say that with the bags on it has a really fat arse. 43 inches across in old money. That's going to take a bit of confidence building before I do any tight filtering...

The bags are really nice though. All the luggage is from SW Motech and their bag liners, lid bags and lid nets fit perfectly. On the downside, they are keyed separately from the bike key, which is a little annoying, but such is life.

The smaller aftermarket can definitely looks better. Will that along with a high flow air filter require a flash?

Apparently not. Although it is technically a "Stage 1" in HD terms, it doesn't need tuned. Which is good as there are no tuners that work with these bikes yet and there are no flashes available, even canned ones from HD.

Back
Top Bottom