TFT update

Got mine back on Friday last week with 022_007-020 installed. with part of the gear box having been replaced.

dealer hinted at the next big TFT release being aimed at the New RT launch date, with its onboard Nav having host country mapping updated / included etc for the RT system sadly not the GS etc.

So, we will have the final answer only after my dealer installs the "latest" (they say) update on my GS. They said they've got it only 5 days ago. Let's wait and see.

So, we will have the final answer only after my dealer installs the "latest" (they say) update on my GS. They said they've got it only 5 days ago. Let's wait and see.

I can’t wait to hear what the latest version is...............

Just got back from the dealer. Mechanic said he's got new software last Friday and he'll call me to make an appointment to leave the bike there. I asked about software version and he showed me on his computer and said on their computers it doesn't show the same reference as after it was installed on the bike so he couldn't say the version number we know of. I looked on his computer and it was true. It was big sequence of letters and digits but it had the date and it was 11th of March 2021.

Any information what is the latest software is resolving? Additional features or resolving bugs?

Mine was 022_005_041 but was returned to me earlier this week with 022_007_020.
I haven't tested it for any new features or connectivity yet.

Had mine back Saturday the mechanic said he had installed the new software, i asked what was new he replied don’t know this is the first time they had downloaded this one
its meant to be better for connectivity:blagblah

Any way been out four times this week stop start usual stuff ,chips cofffee stops helmet disconnect, left overnight etc

Not one drop out phone is a apple 12 looking good so far last two TFT screens was never this good
:thumb

Attachments

• FB66FBBE-634E-457D-8D39-EE8E0F353185.jpg
    FB66FBBE-634E-457D-8D39-EE8E0F353185.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 709
Had mine back Saturday the mechanic said he had installed the new software, i asked what was new he replied don’t know this is the first time they had downloaded this one
its meant to be better for connectivity:blagblah

Any way been out four times this week stop start usual stuff ,chips cofffee stops helmet disconnect, left overnight etc

Not one drop out phone is a apple 12 looking good so far last two TFT screens was never this good
:thumb

BMW do not give release notes for software updates so unless there is some major issue that is fixed the dealer wouldn't have a clue..which is a normal situation for most dealers lol

I know the BT stuff causes the most desire for updates (and indeed mine forgot my pairings recently) but I keep wondering when/if they'll enable switching between main display layouts. I.e the new 900 bikes and the XR have different displays. Making them available on all would be... completely pointless but fun to faff.

I took mine to Cotswold BMW to have my alarm coded. It was only supposed to take 20 mins but then a tech came out and told me that they need to update software to code alarm :confused:

I was on the 041 ending version and had no issues with connectivity after following Nick Hodges YouTube how to connect video..

It now showing the 020 ending version. Not sure why it needed it as alarms worked with the previous versions :confused:

Hopefully it’s all ok. I just had to reconnect everything as the update wiped all my connections.

Jon :thumb

I took mine to Cotswold BMW to have my alarm coded. It was only supposed to take 20 mins but then a tech came out and told me that they need to update software to code alarm :confused:

I was on the 041 ending version and had no issues with connectivity after following Nick Hodges YouTube how to connect video..

It now showing the 020 ending version. Not sure why it needed it as alarms worked with the previous versions :confused:

Hopefully it’s all ok. I just had to reconnect everything as the update wiped all my connections.

Jon :thumb

Does that version also include the ‘sport’ screen do you know?

I really don’t know. I’ve scrolled through the menus but that was mainly to custom my alarm settings. I can have a look if you can give me an idea of what the sport screen is supposed to show :thumb2

I really don’t know. I’ve scrolled through the menus but that was mainly to custom my alarm settings. I can have a look if you can give me an idea of what the sport screen is supposed to show :thumb2

665074d66fb50f92cccf62db89177033.jpg

Like this.

That screen came in with the 041 update for most bikes. Defiantly on the RS.
The sport screen is second from the left.

I know the BT stuff causes the most desire for updates (and indeed mine forgot my pairings recently) but I keep wondering when/if they'll enable switching between main display layouts. I.e the new 900 bikes and the XR have different displays. Making them available on all would be... completely pointless but fun to faff.

It's possible to modify the dash to display modes off other bikes i.e. S1000RR. Dealer won't be able to do it though

Hey Smudger - how did you get that screen ??
I want it too !!!

Saw it posted somewhere, with someone saying it was on their GS after the latest update, but I suspect that it’s only on the RS!

Back
Top Bottom