HP2 Sport sounds like.....

SKIPSTER

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi All.

Please can any Sport owners, please describe the engine sound (excluding exhaust noise).

I’m close to a purchase, but the bike I have interest in has a ‘clattery’....’clickity’ ....noise around the area of the timing cover on the front of the engine.

I appreciate these engines are pretty highly strung, but is this a typical/normal noise?:confused:

Cheers.

:thumb2

They make a fair bit of noise until they warm up. Similarly, the rev counter’s idiot lights change as the engine warms; best done by riding, obviously.

Take it for a decent spin, get it warmed up and give it the beans. If it blows up, walk away from the sale. If it doesn’t and it goes / sounds alright, buy it.

Bit late to the party, but...

have interest in has a ‘clattery’....’clickity’ ....noise around the area of the timing cover on the front of the engine.

While moving, apart from the usual noises Wapping described, you get quite a lot of extra (sometimes clicking) noises that is actually road grime and others hitting the bellypan. It gets quite loud compared to other bikes somehow.

Bit late to the party, but...

While moving, apart from the usual noises Wapping described, you get quite a lot of extra (sometimes clicking) noises that is actually road grime and others hitting the bellypan. It gets quite loud compared to other bikes somehow.
Yes I have noticed it too. Even dried leaves make a loud noise. It is the carbon fiber. Its not abs plastic. Phew I’m not the only one.

Back
Top Bottom