1290 Super Adventure R

There was a recall for the routing of the wiring around the ABS unit on the 1190s. Don't think that qualifies as a brake issue though.

I've lost the rear brake when it boiled in the alps a couple of times. Disc was blue and smoking on one occasion, but all good when it cooled down. Still there, no cracks*.

* I haven't actually checked it, obviously :)

Had the same problem on the last Pyrenees trip!

The head shake seems to affect the R, not so much the S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Non. Two up and panniers the S suffers head shake badly if you let go of the bars sub 45.

I’ve bit the bullet and gone for the SW Motech Trax Adv panniers as above with quick release frames.

I think they look better than the Givi equivalent and German v Italian build quality too.

Grabbed a couple of tank bags at the same time as only charged £25 delivery with VAT knocked off. Result !!

I’ve bit the bullet and gone for the SW Motech Trax Adv panniers as above with quick release frames.

I think they look better than the Givi equivalent and German v Italian build quality too.

Grabbed a couple of tank bags at the same time as only charged £25 delivery with VAT knocked off. Result !!

I have the SW Motech racks on a bike
Very well made and strong/secure and discreet when removed, with the permanent brackets well hidden

Very well made and strong/secure and discreet when removed, with the permanent brackets well hidden

It's a great idea. And the R Martin has bought def looks best without boxes.

Wish they made the S in that colour scheme but after lacquering the matt grey it looks 100% better.

Non. Two up and panniers the S suffers head shake badly if you let go of the bars sub 45.

Interesting. For what it’s worth, Premier did a check on mine and adjusted the head bearings, which did make a difference but it didn’t eliminate the problem.

I believe the 2022 bikes have some kind of mod to address this.

Ta. That on your Tenalady ? :)
Always been impressed with other SW Motech stuff like tank bags so I’m sure they’ll be well made.

This is more likely tyres / head bearings (and maybe affected by suspension settings and load) my 1190 did this on some tyres (possibly when worn?) and our 1090 did the same on its OE Metzelers - ride along at 40, let go of bars and as it slows down the bars would start to shake....

...Had same on many bikes over the years.

Obvious solution - don't let go of bars, or set the cruise as it is normally the shut throttle that causes it, although I am sure that not holding the bars is a safety issue and should not be done (So don't sue me if you cannot steer around an obstacle when riding no handed)

Bear in mind the rear spring is specced for a 75kg rider and kit, so if you’re ahem significantly above that then the bike geometry will be all wrong.

Bear in mind the rear spring is specced for a 75kg rider and kit, so if you’re ahem significantly above that then the bike geometry will be all wrong.

75kgs me.

This is more likely tyres / head bearings (and maybe affected by suspension settings and load) my 1190 did this on some tyres (possibly when worn?) and our 1090 did the same on its OE Metzelers - ride along at 40, let go of bars and as it slows down the bars would start to shake....

...Had same on many bikes over the years.

Obvious solution - don't let go of bars, or set the cruise as it is normally the shut throttle that causes it, although I am sure that not holding the bars is a safety issue and should not be done (So don't sue me if you cannot steer around an obstacle when riding no handed)

I only let go of the bars when I panic. This is why it's such an issue

It's also specced for a pillion.

Collected the bike today . Some bits I ordered already turned up such as rear carrier so fitted my old fav Kaoko bag.
The Ergo pillion heated seat came but Sod’s law the rider seat is on back order till late Feb !!

88e03384f18d9572bd18d36fd47c4cd1.jpg

Came with a big pile of bits

049fdb3a278af06607c24ac3d96026cc.jpg

e77bbed834334f661ca6710fc5afcbd7.jpg

With regard to head shake etc, took it for a spin and there’s nothing at low speed.Can take hands off bars at 35 ish there’s nothing. All good.

You’ll love it - I think mine is bloody ace! So much more about it than the GSA it replaced

I dont have a spare key and my mate I bought it off said he didn’t either !
Do the Rs come with any spare ?
Ta

Believe it is the same as the S i.e. main fob which allows the keyless to work and then the backup "key" which you put against part of the fairing close to the handlebars to get the bike to start.

See below:

Back
Top Bottom