1290 Super Adventure R

In the place where we both say they look like a football balanced on a cow’s arse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

In the place where we both say they look like a football balanced on a cow’s arse.

:jes now that made me smile more than the rocket launcher on the side and the beige bag ...... classic

I don’t wish to be unkind, still a fantastic looking bike, I do love that blue.

I’m with Wapping on those tank bags….

Yet wasn’t Wapping telling us how to get power into a tank bag only recently ? :)

:jes now that made me smile more than the rocket launcher on the side and the beige bag ...... classic

Must have missed that one.When was that said ?
The beige bag is made by Kaoko and is at least a decade old.Great quality.
Make that at least 13 years old .
Here it is in 2009

7b541756c05760dbae45f4c826e4dd92.jpeg

809190f882c26899f1ed3d5327fac5ff.jpg

Only playing , it’s good some kit travels the time line of reliability, I still have a pair of gloves that are + 15 years old but always go on tour , and give me a smile when I wear then , even tho they are like 1980s driving gloves ��

Yet wasn’t Wapping telling us how to get power into a tank bag only recently ? :)

Must have missed that one.When was that said ?
The beige bag is made by Kaoko and is at least a decade old.Great quality.
Make that at least 13 years old .
Here it is in 2009

7b541756c05760dbae45f4c826e4dd92.jpeg

809190f882c26899f1ed3d5327fac5ff.jpg

Great bike , one of my favourites and also in its perfect environment .:thumby::thumby:

Worth noting that the KTM Power parts tank bag is actually made by SW Motech and uses the latest magnetic tank ring and so will also take any other compatible SW Motech tank bag. The KTM one follows the line of the tank better but then is not as versatile if you wanted to use it on other bikes. The micro bag is very useful when you do not need the extra capacity :)

That looks wide.

That is wide! Looks top kit, but I hate traffic so I filter all the time, which I why I went for the power quality, less convenient but much narrower KTM boxes of the S

Get the foot peg toppers for those to save wearing through your boots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the look of these bikes and with Chester Motorrad closing and becoming a KTM dealer, I’d be quite tempted.

But I ride a factory lowered GSA and, whilst I believe you can various bits of kit to alter the height, does anyone know if you could actually lower one of these to a similar height ?

I can’t seem to get a definitive answer anywhere.

The 21 onwards 1290's sit quite low, as do the 790 / 890 models.

The R isn't low. It's quite a bit taller than my old 1190. And, probably not much point in getting an R and lowering, better off with the S which is lower.

I love the look of these bikes and with Chester Motorrad closing and becoming a KTM dealer, I’d be quite tempted.

But I ride a factory lowered GSA and, whilst I believe you can various bits of kit to alter the height, does anyone know if you could actually lower one of these to a similar height ?

I had the factory lowered GSA. A 2014. You won't have an issue with the S.

Don't worry....you can still fit a set of Pivot Pegz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good mate of mine who is shorter than me (I am 5’9” and 29” inside leg) rides a 2021 SAS - I ride both a new 1290 SAR and a 790 Adv R and manage ok with the KTM low seat on both

The 21 onwards 1290's sit quite low, as do the 790 / 890 models.

S version on both the 1290 and 790/890 are def lower than the R versions as they all have upwards of extra 40mm of travel

Back
Top Bottom