1290 Super Adventure R

I don't frequent the orange side that often but i'm glad i did today... Apart from the insect like front end that is bloody lovely!!!!!!

I must get round to riding one sometime soon!!

It looked better in the flesh too !
The blue paint in particular is stunning .
I’ve got a mate who’s getting one but he’ll sell it before summers out so I may just try his and possibly get it off him , assuming it’s better than the previous bike .
I think the pannier tanks will be the main benefit , as the 790 Adv had great balance and poise with such a low c of g .
Will make do with this for now

c32055848ed769066af38e482d39bbc4.jpg

It looked better in the flesh too !
The blue paint in particular is stunning .
I’ve got a mate who’s getting one but he’ll sell it before summers out so I may just try his and possibly get it off him , assuming it’s better than the previous bike .
I think the pannier tanks will be the main benefit , as the 790 Adv had great balance and poise with such a low c of g .

c32055848ed769066af38e482d39bbc4.jpg

My eyes, my eyes:barf:barf:barf

You love an UGLY bike don't you... :D

Aw FFS, you haven't..............have you??? :D

Well, if you have, why not you only live once and to play on for the summer perfect, I would too but really beyond that it's a big nil points here............

Andres

(I actually quite like the looks BTW, just not my sorta bike)

Just needs some orange paint.

Ride review please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My favourite “review” by Toddmeister of his RKS - ‘like being dragged down the road on a shovel’

I think Harley need this bike to sell well. Euro 5 noise restrictions must be a complete nightmare for them. A Harley with no noise - strange world.

c93ea37a5f579287d4f1c49f677dcd0f.jpg

I've tried to do what I can to improve your picture. I focused on the 'brilliance' setting so hopefully the bike will be ok now.

c93ea37a5f579287d4f1c49f677dcd0f.jpg

I've tried to do what I can to improve your picture. I focused on the 'brilliance' setting so hopefully the bike will be ok now.

No - it looked better in the dark ;)

By the way, not sure if it's sold but there's an R on a plinth in AMS.

There's also my old 1290 S which just looks brand new in the showroom. I went to town ceramic coating it inside and out when new and it has the Hiltop map on it. Great bike for someone! And I still have the Akrapovic for sale that could go back on cheaply.

No - it looked better in the dark ;)

When the 1290 was launched with it's baboon face people with keyboards were quick to jump on a hate merry-go-round. But few go on about it now and I actually don't mind the look as it's distinctively KTM. I suspect the same will be true of this Harley when we see more on the road. It's a unique look - good for them. It's got them noticed in quite a crowded marketplace.

When the 1290 was launched with it's baboon face people with keyboards were quick to jump on a hate merry-go-round. But few go on about it now and I actually don't mind the look as it's distinctively KTM. I suspect the same will be true of this Harley when we see more on the road. It's a unique look - good for them. It's got them noticed in quite a crowded marketplace.

This
Probably only have to look back somewhere on this forum a couple of years or so ago when first photos of the Pan America were leaked or whatever.
Lots of people already dismissed it at that point re its looks, weight, off road potential, speculated figures and fact it was a Harley. To late to the Adventure party etc.
I did notice a gradual softening to the bike as uk launch got nearer and now it looks like might have to form an orderly queue if wanting one.
Fair play to the Merkins, looks like they are onto a winner.

Nice one Arsey, must say you kept that one close to your chest. New best bike ever ?

Saw one in Teasdales KTM yesterday

1290R looks amazing
S looked dull, by comparison

Back
Top Bottom