1290 Super Adventure R

Is the Myride app still available? I seen now there's one called Connect, but only for newer bikes, looks like.

Does the Myride app do anything useful

Is the Myride app still available? I seen now there's one called Connect, but only for newer bikes, looks like.

Does the Myride app do anything useful

Depends who you ask.

I use a Sat-Nav that connects to headset and phone which is way more functional and useful than KTM app, but if you don't have a sat-nav then it is probably better than fuck all.

Rode my mate’s Pikes Peak again today

fa976794513639feead3befb45892383.jpg

He sold me the 1290R with 500 miles on the clock so he could fund the PP.
He actually was wondering whether I’d be interested in a swap as he prefers the 1290R.
Having ridden the PP again, I’m in agreement and much prefer the KTM.Sorry, Neil :)

I rode a Ducati Streetfighter V4S for a day when my bike was having a service in UK in 2020 (I think).

It was utterly fabulous .

BUT the motor in the PP is nowhere near as nice.
I know it hasn’t got the desmo valves and the same 208 bhp but it feels strangled and the fuelling is crap below 2500 revs.

It only gets going above 4500/5000 revs.It’s obviously quick when you gas it but the motor in the latest 1290 is so much more usable,IMHO and the torque is instant.
The PP also sounds like a sewing machine, even with the Akra as standard on the PP.

I also prefer the handling of the KTM, which is very surprising.
Obviously the PP has 17” wheels and my 1290R has 21/18 but the KTM tips in much more easily and feels like it’s on rails.
I’m sure its due to the pannier tanks on the KTM giving it a much lower c of g.
I’ve not ridden the latest 1290S, but with its smaller wheels and anti-dive, I’m guessing it handles even better than the R.

The PP is nicely finished and has a comfy riding position with a good supportive seat.Screen is easily adjustable but quite noisy.

But, for me, it’s very disappointing,having now ridden the bike a few times.Plus of course the KTM will return around 50mpg and the PP struggles to break 30 !!

I never gelled with my 2017 1290R but this new bike is an utter belter.
I never thought I would prefer it in every way to a new Pikes Peak but I’d take the KTM over the PP every time.

The fact it is about £9k cheaper makes it a no brainer.You’d have to be nutty to want to spend £25k without luggage on the Ducati :)

Blue and orange is king (IMHO)

70779c778802229ab19eb8f9c8def370.jpg

Rode my mate’s Pikes Peak again today

fa976794513639feead3befb45892383.jpg

He sold me the 1290R with 500 miles on the clock so he could fund the PP.
He actually was wondering whether I’d be interested in a swap as he prefers the 1290R.
Having ridden the PP again, I’m in agreement and much prefer the KTM.Sorry, Neil :)

I rode a Ducati Streetfighter V4S for a day when my bike was having a service in UK in 2020 (I think).

It was utterly fabulous .

BUT the motor in the PP is nowhere near as nice.
I know it hasn’t got the desmo valves and the same 208 bhp but it feels strangled and the fuelling is crap below 2500 revs.

It only gets going above 4500/5000 revs.It’s obviously quick when you gas it but the motor in the latest 1290 is so much more usable,IMHO and the torque is instant.
The PP also sounds like a sewing machine, even with the Akra as standard on the PP.

I also prefer the handling of the KTM, which is very surprising.
Obviously the PP has 17” wheels and my 1290R has 21/18 but the KTM tips in much more easily and feels like it’s on rails.
I’m sure its due to the pannier tanks on the KTM giving it a much lower c of g.
I’ve not ridden the latest 1290S, but with its smaller wheels and anti-dive, I’m guessing it handles even better than the R.

The PP is nicely finished and has a comfy riding position with a good supportive seat.Screen is easily adjustable but quite noisy.

But, for me, it’s very disappointing,having now ridden the bike a few times.Plus of course the KTM will return around 50mpg and the PP struggles to break 30 !!

I never gelled with my 2017 1290R but this new bike is an utter belter.
I never thought I would prefer it in every way to a new Pikes Peak but I’d take the KTM over the PP every time.

The fact it is about £9k cheaper makes it a no brainer.You’d have to be nutty to want to spend £25k without luggage on the Ducati :)

Blue and orange is king (IMHO)

70779c778802229ab19eb8f9c8def370.jpg

The KTM engine is a fantastic thing

In the Picos with me were a SDR and a 1290 Adv

The SDR would always gain a yard on me out of a corner due to that fabulous and instant torque - i made that yard back at the end of the ( short) straight as the SF is techniacally a faster bike it just needs the chance to rev

We had a big swap around morning and i was actually incredibly surprised and impressed at how nimble the 1290 ADv was and how well it handled

The KTM engine is a fantastic thing

In the Picos with me were a SDR and a 1290 Adv

The SDR would always gain a yard on me out of a corner due to that fabulous and instant torque - i made that yard back at the end of the ( short) straight as the SF is techniacally a faster bike it just needs the chance to rev

We had a big swap around morning and i was actually incredibly surprised and impressed at how nimble the 1290 ADv was and how well it handled

I LOVE the SFV4S.
It’s utterly barking but with the most comfy seat ever.Bit too cramped for my dodgy knees but I’d love one.
I’ve just ridden my 1290R having taken the PP back and I really do prefer the KTM in every department.
I can’t believe it handles better than the PP,but, for me, it does.
It just tips into a corner so easily and tracks the line with little input required. The PP needed tipping in and just didn’t feel as nice.
And the poke of the 1290 is instant whereas you have to get above 4500 on the PP.

Good job we’re all different but the KTM might be a keeper……:)

Visited Chester KTM earlier and a test ride is on the cards very soon

Oops traded in the GSA

Should be upright of course

Attachments

• 7BF4EB91-B9BB-47EF-8EB4-01EA5007C2A7.jpg
    7BF4EB91-B9BB-47EF-8EB4-01EA5007C2A7.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 146
Good choice, 2 of my mates recently saw the light and bought a 1290S each - both seem very happy.

Oops traded in the GSA

Should be upright of course

Did the same in August, absolutely love the SA S and had 6 BMWs before, it’s just a nice bike, when I was trading my GSA in there were a few others doing the same thing it was like a BMW showroom

Three of us have gone from BMW GS to the 1290S, build quality a different league and that engine.
12k in adjusted the chain once at 11k, I never oil it unless it gets wet and then only engine oil which is wiped off to stop rust.
The chain looks like new

At the risk of again posting in the wrong thread, she’s here

Attachments

• B7462DFC-DE7D-486C-AB46-0C616F3E6474.jpg
    B7462DFC-DE7D-486C-AB46-0C616F3E6474.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 239
At the risk of again posting in the wrong thread, she’s here

Nice one.

Now all you need to do is get those grey panels clear lacquered. Makes the bike look 100% better in my opinion.

772da435276329383d09868115c13050.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom