1290 Super Adventure R

Or maybe don't ride along with the rear brake on!

Probably same disc that KTM have fitted to thousands of bikes over the years and we don't see this issue reported, so unless they have gone and sourced a cheaper piece of chinese shit for the 2021 bike I would guess its just down to abuse by the nobhead riding the bike with the brake on.

A rear disc no matter how much you use it should not do that , nothing to do with the nob head riding more the disc its self . I has a disc glowing red once as I had over adjusted the pedal on my 1200 Multi and once cooled down worked fine for the next 5k before I sold it , more like cost cutting. Ktms claim it was down to heat is ludicrous.

A rear disc no matter how much you use it should not do that , nothing to do with the nob head riding more the disc its self . I has a disc glowing red once as I had over adjusted the pedal on my 1200 Multi and once cooled down worked fine for the next 5k before I sold it , more like cost cutting.

Highly unlikely - just one of those one off random events - have a look on Adventure Rider - not seen a single incidence of this ever happening previously ;)

Highly unlikely - just one of those one off random events - have a look on Adventure Rider - not seen a single incidence of this ever happening previously ;)

Possibly , but a bit of a worryring event in all fairness , could have been nasty.

Possibly , but a bit of a worryring event in all fairness , could have been nasty.

Indeed but at least the callipers were not leaking fluid before it even left the show room which was definitely not a one off event for BMW :D

There was a recall for the routing of the wiring around the ABS unit on the 1190s. Don't think that qualifies as a brake issue though.

I've lost the rear brake when it boiled in the alps a couple of times. Disc was blue and smoking on one occasion, but all good when it cooled down. Still there, no cracks*.

* I haven't actually checked it, obviously :)

By the way, not sure if it's sold but there's an R on a plinth in AMS.

There's also my old 1290 S which just looks brand new in the showroom. I went to town ceramic coating it inside and out when new and it has the Hiltop map on it. Great bike for someone! And I still have the Akrapovic for sale that could go back on cheaply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went for a look at the new KTM 1290R at AMS the other day.
Saw a used 1290s there. Didn’t twig it was yours. Or should I say. Mine.

Went for a look at the new KTM 1290R at AMS the other day.
Saw a used 1290s there. Didn’t twig it was yours. Or should I say. Mine.

Sorry mate. Don't be upset...its been a great bike. You could buy it

So I have test ridden the latest GS and the new 1290 SAS and today I put a deposit down on a..........................................

KTM 1290 SAS in orange (makes a change from my current Black one) with just quick shifter, heated grips and Suspension Pro - should pick it up in a couple of weeks :D

So I have test ridden the latest GS and the new 1290 SAS and today I put a deposit down on a..........................................

KTM 1290 SAS in orange (makes a change from my current Black one) with just quick shifter, heated grips and Suspension Pro - should pick it up in a couple of weeks :D

Nothing wrong with the GS. But for me the 1290 just works. Last trip out with my wife onboard it was as comfortable as an RT! I haven't loaded it with panniers yet so time will tell, but I think it's going to be an incredible fast tourer.

Anyone got one yet? Which luggage did you go with?

And which end can? The OEM one is huge, but the Akra is £1200 at list price.

Anyone got one yet? Which luggage did you go with?

The Jesse from my 1190 wont fit, but the Bumot set up for the 1290 looks OK at a tad under £1000 for the black or grey.

The Jesse from my 1190 wont fit, but the Bumot set up for the 1290 looks OK at a tad under £1000 for the black or grey.

Hi Berin - on my SAS it was a toss up between the Bumots and the KTM plastic ones. In the end went for the KTM ones (pictures on the 2021 1290S Thread) as I am not keen on the Bumot frames and prefer the "clean" look of the KTM system as tend to only use panniers when on holiday etc. Also got a good discount on the KTM ones!

As to the end can - would wait until Arrow/Wings bring out their offerings rather than go for the Akro ;)

Hi Berin - on my SAS it was a toss up between the Bumots and the KTM plastic ones. In the end went for the KTM ones (pictures on the 2021 1290S Thread) as I am not keen on the Bumot frames and prefer the "clean" look of the KTM system as tend to only use panniers when on holiday etc. Also got a good discount on the KTM ones!

As to the end can - would wait until Arrow/Wings bring out their offerings rather than go for the Akro ;)

Thanks Paul. The KTM luggage frames on offer for the SAR look like standard square hoop type. - can't link to a picture but there's a pic on the KTM configurator site

https://configurator.ktm.com/main/c...s/?culture=en-GB&country=GB&variation=F9903U6

I guess these are different for the SAS, maybe

Back
Top Bottom