Trailer

ikkje

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
John came across today to help fit one of his stainless headers (well to be honest, he was the expertise and I was the assistant :).

Removed the Scheffelmeir bash plate off to facilitate the job and these show the condition of the bike without any cleaning. It’s done 4,138 miles, has an incredible spec including full Ohlins front and fully adjustable Hyperpro rear + + + and is pretty immaculate.

After owning it for quite a few years, its sadly time to thin down the number of bikes and it will be up for sale next week. it absolutely will not be cheap I’m afraid, but that reflects both the price I paid for it with 1700 on the clock, plus the things added to it since, including for example full Hot Rod Welding X tank, rack, pannier frames and peg lowering set.

In all honesty I can say its going to be a rare opportunity to get a fully specced and very low mileage X Challenge.

Would very definitely like it to end up with an X Challenge fan and hence this prior notice.

PM me if you’d like further details and as I said, will be putting it up for sale next week.

As I said in a previous post, I seem to be absolutely rubbish at posting photo’s on this site, so fingers crossed.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/Zy4Fy5p

Incredibly clean is an understatement , this is as close to a new XChallenge as I think you can get . I have serviced this bike for Mark for the last few years and its had all of the normal service items plus all the "have to do's" on an G650 X , so modified clutch cover , swinging arm bearings , steering head bearings all done . As Mark has stated forks have fully re-worked Ohlins cartridges and progressive springs which were I believe a £2K upgrade originally ! From memory it has BMW frame and rectifier guards , Mini LED DRL's , Isotta Screen and a very expensive and comfortable Rayz Seat . If it wasn't for the fact that I have 5 XC's already in my garage this one would be in there too . Someone is going to get a very nice bike . The bike has only done about 100 mile since I serviced it at the end of last year . I'm sure when Mark gets round to listing it with full pictures there will be a lot of interest in this ......now could I make space for another XC ;-)

That looks a very very clean example, and I haven't seen an engine like that for years.

Like you John I don't neeeed another, but . . . . who knows!

Very happy to say that the bike has gone to someone who you might well know, but I’ll leave him to announce it if he so wishes.

Great its gone to an X Challenge fan and I look forward to hearing how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom