Service info please

Jako999

Reaction score
Hi all my bike has come up saying service which is a time thing not a mileage thing, I’m sure we are all in the same boat it’s only done 1350 since it’s last service 12 months ago. So what are people doing about such low mileages this year and servicing? I know people will say oil degrades and so on but oil does last longer then 12 months. I bought the bike second hand from a main dealer as an ex BMW bike last September so obviously it has warranty which I would like to keep. As it’s last service was at 6000 miles are they now going to try and sting me for the 12000 mile service as that’s what it should be even though it’s only done 7350?
I live in the Midlands I can go back to my main dealer but don’t mind a ride out who is the best in the Midlands area who won’t try and rip me off.
As I said at the start I bet we are all in the same boat with very little mileage covered this year my wife’s car is the same you would think the dealers would do something about it this year but I suppose they are still after the cash.

Thanks in advance

What did the dealer say. I know Triumph are very good as if you aren’t doing the miles than an oil service is fine. I wouldn’t not do the oil service.

Oil service only which is good.
I called a few dealer and they all said oil service but there was a big difference in price my own being the most expensive at 195 another at 162 and the lowest at 145. The 195 being my own dealer means if there’s any warranty problems now or in the future they can’t try and get out of it and the loyalty thing plus only a few miles away. Then 145 is 50 cheaper with a nice long ride out if I go cross country��

Thsnks

I was in the same boat,

bike bought last Feb, came up with service etc.

According to the book it should be the 36K biggie :eek:

I phoned the dealer who said i could run up to 1K over that would be fine

however the bike is on 32K even allowing another 1K i'm still some way off the 36K

The trouble with a biggie is the valve clearances - there too far away from the window to do early, as it will miss the next biggie by a considerable margin

So we did an intermediate service ie all the 36k requirements less valve clearances

when i get to 36k they will do the valve clearances as a seperate item £150

So my 36k was £280 -

that included a new set of rear pads & the LH cluster replaced under warrantee ;)

Ordinarily i'd have said stuff the pads and done them myself, but seeing as i have spoked wheels, and seeing some of the threads about the rear calipers

Strangely, my 750GS popped up with a service overdue message. Looking at the actual message, it said service due in 300-ish miles. Now this makes no sense as it was last serviced 5 months ago, has only done about 400 miles since and is currently on about 5,400 miles. On time it’s not due until October and on miles it was done as an annual at 5K miles, so the next mileage service should be 11K miles as the only difference between a regular annual and 6K is to check the air filter. So unless I’m missing something, the message is wrong? I’ll check with the dealer, just in case, but when I pressed a dealer in a similar situation (after they insisted that after annual at 5K you need a 6K service), if it’s been done annually, unless it was a very small amount of miles at the time, the next service would be time based (i.e., a year), so long as you do less than 6K miles in that year, and NOT an oil and filter change after 1K miles!

Back
Top Bottom