R1150GS PARALEVER BEARINGS

Tenpoints

Reaction score
Hi, my 1999 R1150gs Paralever bearings are getting ready for replacement , before i buy the standard BMW ones, can anyone advise which one's are the best replacement option ? as i understand there are 3 options.
BMW Standard replacements
Motor works Huddersfield , up grade kit with grease nipple (these look the good ?)
Nushings? nylon bearings

Any advise welcome

Thank you
Eddie

I've used BM standard one which are a piss take price but much better than the budget copies you might see... I tried them but a shell cracked when installing and seemed very brittle... Never had a prob fitting original fags... I have a set of bushings as a replacement if necessary... I have usually seen about 30k miles out of fag bearings... There is no perfect solution to this as BMW usually design a weak bit or two into their FD setup... And the odd bit of repair/maintenance comes with the deal...

Mixed reviews of motorworks upgrades google it. Their standard bearings are cheaper than BMW. Nushings have a good rep Google them, and they have a UK supplier who is on here .When mine fail on either of my 1150's I plan to use Nushings.
Hope this helps

I’ve had nushings on my 1150gs for a year / 5k or so... good fit

Hi
Anyone got the uk contact details for the Nushings supplier please ?
Ta

Thanks guys for all the very interesting and helpful advise, having spent the last couple of days reading reviews on each product, i'm impressed with the Nushings
the motorworks offerings ,from what i have read appear to be quite flimsy and fiddly to fit and the grease nipple can snap off?
Bmw bearings are okay but on principle wont be throwing £110 a pair at them, however as "oneandonl" reports they can last 70 k if regularly greased / maintained making the cost reasonable, unfortunately as I have nil mechanical skills to maintain ,better to go for the Nushings which should last as long as the bmw bearings and dont need any maintainance (time will tell)
thanks again for your help
Eddie

I emailed Ted yesterday to enquire about buying a set of Nushings and he said that because of the difficulties of post Brexshit trading he no longer stocks or supplies them.

Yeah, apparently Brexit has caused issues with shipping in the UK.

I do have one other supplier in the UK ( ships to the mainland only)
for a slight increased shipping cost if you are in a hurry with your need.

inquire via email for a quote on that.

Also a nice Gent in the EU has offered to try to assist with shipping them within the EU, I intend to ship him a box of a dozen pretty soon and then that will be ready also.

inquire via email for shipping quotes on those options , or if you arent in a hurry I can still post them from here in the USA.

Thanks folks for the kind words, let me know if you have thoughts or questions.

-Matt

a few years ago i used the motorworks ones ,you fill them via the nipple with a grease gun ,the ones i used exploded when filling with grease,probs my fault for maybe over filling with the grease gun ,but i cant remember using to much force to fill

Back
Top Bottom