1986 Ducati F1

Billd

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
This will be my 7th Ducati. The first bike I ever owned was a 1965 Ducati 200 Elite, suspect this will be the last one I ever own.............(maybe not!!) a 1986 Ducati F1B. My chum and I each bought 1986 F1's from Lusso Veloce dealership in Lester on the same day They are to be delivered in a week or two. They both came out of private collection in Belgium. Low miles with some patina, mine needs original indicators and it will have the right mirrors on arrival.

As I get older I enjoy the older bikes more. Will update this at some point once the bike is delivered. In the interm, a picture of the bikes.

Attachments

• F1 both.jpg
    F1 both.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 410
  • F1 mine and james.jpg
    F1 mine and james.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 408
  • F1 mine.jpg
    F1 mine.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 408
Looks like they do ace wheelies and stoppies. :D

Very tasty looking machines, any way up. :thumb

Fabulous looking bikes there.

Rightly or wrongly, I always have a nagging doubt re owning an older Italian bike, the doubt is re spares. Can you get parts easily enough for old Italian bikes?

The Ducati I never got to own. I remember Spa 24hrs 1986 in the days when revving your engine to the limit after beer was the vogue and unfortunately a german chap blew a case on his lovely F1 and was quickly abandoned by the cheering crowd who went back to the campfires and Belgium biers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

met a man at the IOM , on one , said he brought it with a "garage improvement loan " ... Me :nenau ??? he said it improved his garage no end !

Bit of an update. As I cant leave any bike alone and this one needed so help have got stuck in. As the bike had been painted in the past badly had no trouble in making fairing repairs and repainting. Whats good about the F1B is all the fairing bits are fiberglass so relatively easy to repair. The only body part not re painted was the petrol tank and it has it's original paint in reasonable condition. Some of the repairs carried out are as follows.

-right bottom fork leg was cracked due to over tightening a pinch bolt, found a dead handy aluminium welder that made a superb repair. Rebuilt both front forks while at it.
-replaced after market indicators with pattern original type out of the U.S.A.
-replaced both sprockets and chain
-the seat was Velcroed in place, rebuilt to original attachment via three studs in seat pan
-have replaced oil and filter will do brake fluids next
-tyres are new as is rear shock
-made repairs to bodged wiring harness
-all new decals applied prior to clear coat

A few pictures of the on going resurrection

Attachments

• crack.jpg
    crack.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 218
  • fairing paint 2.jpg
    fairing paint 2.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 213
  • fairing 3C.jpg
    fairing 3C.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 212
a few more pictures, if someone could turn them right way up thay would be appreciated

Attachments

• F1 14.jpg
    F1 14.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 212
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 223
  • fairing 3B.jpg
    fairing 3B.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 223
  • p2.jpg
    p2.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 213
Good result finding a welder to repair the forks!!! Great bike,always liked them and you're making a damn fine job of it.

Hope rest of the build goes ok

Kimbo :thumb2

Kimbo, thanks for the encouragement. When I look at what Mikeyboy and other on this form do , I realize I'll always be a punter but enjoy playing with bikes

Back
Top Bottom