Airhead event Buxton 3-6 June

Tbolt

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have already put this in the Airhead section.

Saw this posted on Facebook:

Attachments

• 15C77568-863E-4093-9DB7-FE430AFF14AB.jpeg
    15C77568-863E-4093-9DB7-FE430AFF14AB.jpeg
    120 KB · Views: 218
Thanks for posting up.
Will this go ahead? Gatherings of no more than 30 people by this date.

Thanks for posting up.
Will this go ahead? Gatherings of no more than 30 people by this date.

Hi Dermot,

I have sent a message to the organiser regarding this.

I presume it will be classed as a camp site and under stage -2 of the new proposals they can open (not before) 12th April.

I will post up on any response I get.
Gerry

Cheers Gerry

Reply: "not certain at the moment. The regulation about 30 is at Easter. If we have to we’ll work within that but it’s likely to get changed by June. In short, no one knows for sure."

Looking ambitious at the moment. I will post any changes.

Update posted on Facebook today:

Tim Riley

Hi Folks. I'm a BMW club member and keen 'Airhead'. I've been organising a gathering of air cooled BMWs in Buxton at Buxton Rugby Club from 3-6 June camping at the club. Booked it over a year ago (paid a deposit) and have been in regular touch with them in recent months and organised a COVID compliant gathering of 29 people. We even had Elspeth Beard joining us for a ride out on the Saturday.
The Rugby Club has just told us at ridiculously short notice that they're not going ahead because of various issue around their permissions for usage of the site (presumably they could have told me this many months back when we had a fighting chance of rebooking).
So, I've got a lot of very disappointed Airheads (many of them members of this club) with nowhere to camp. We had hoped for the Peak District but if any members here have contacts to suitable venues - we'd love to go just about anywhere there's good motorcycling country nearby. Normal campsites are just not an option. Most don't want large groups and already are heavily booked for the half term week. So, best option is probably farms and venues with facilities for events perhaps not currently running until the 30 rule is lifted.
You can see how disappointed my motorcycles are in the photo. I'd promised them they could all go, lol.

Update posted on Facebook today:

Tim Riley

Hi Folks. I'm a BMW club member and keen 'Airhead'. I've been organising a gathering of air cooled BMWs in Buxton at Buxton Rugby Club from 3-6 June camping at the club. Booked it over a year ago (paid a deposit) and have been in regular touch with them in recent months and organised a COVID compliant gathering of 29 people. We even had Elspeth Beard joining us for a ride out on the Saturday.
The Rugby Club has just told us at ridiculously short notice that they're not going ahead because of various issue around their permissions for usage of the site (presumably they could have told me this many months back when we had a fighting chance of rebooking).
So, I've got a lot of very disappointed Airheads (many of them members of this club) with nowhere to camp. We had hoped for the Peak District but if any members here have contacts to suitable venues - we'd love to go just about anywhere there's good motorcycling country nearby. Normal campsites are just not an option. Most don't want large groups and already are heavily booked for the half term week. So, best option is probably farms and venues with facilities for events perhaps not currently running until the 30 rule is lifted.
You can see how disappointed my motorcycles are in the photo. I'd promised them they could all go, lol.

Can’t exactly recall the name of the pub - perhaps the Waterloo, but try contacting the pub in Biggin - not far from Buxton Rugby club and a nicer location.

Can’t exactly recall the name of the pub - perhaps the Waterloo, but try contacting the pub in Biggin - not far from Buxton Rugby club and a nicer location.

The organiser (Tim Riley) is getting a number of venue suggestions directly to his Facebook page.

If anything is confirmed I will update the thread.

Back
Top Bottom