Classic Bike Values - Will the bubble burst ?

This one?

2.jpg

I seem to remember having an orange frame; but yes it looked like that; if i can find the chuffin pictures i'll get it up on here; we were at the TT 1n 78 and 79; ive also got a photo of me sat on Hailwoods Ducati in the pits; i got a right fuckin bollocking; but well deserved; again ; it's knocking around somewhere.:D

Checking out H&H's auction for 6th April, guide prices on all of the bikes seem to be a lot lower than expected over the last few years.
I also note there are a lot of desirable Classic bikes for sale in the classifieds here on the forum, a lot more than usual.
It looks like prices of classic bikes are rapidly dropping as people start to offload them, probably to pay their rapidly rising utility bills and cost of living.
If the Classic bike bubble is finally bursting, at least those left with any spare cash can get a classic bike at a decent price again: if they can afford the petrol to ride it.

Have classic prices peaked?

I sold my Le Mans recently, so no, they probably are still going up :rolleyes:

I don’t think they’ve all reached a peak but it’s always been the case that the demand for individual models will peak when others are still climbing.

I had one enquiry about my H2 but it didn’t sell so I’ve got to advertise it elsewhere but I’m due to start a short contract where I won’t be home for at least 3 weeks so it’s got to wait a while.

If anyone can explain where some people get their prices from I’d love to hear it because you see ridiculous prices being asked for bikes that were horrible things when they were new but I’m not going to name them in case anyone is about to sell one 😀

Back
Top Bottom