Magura clutch

shandy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I wonder if any of you could give me help on the part numbers I would require to fit a Magura hymec hydraulic clutch? I have an 09 Xcountry and have replaced the plates and cable I realise it'll soften a bit but I'm suffering from tendonitis theres only so many cortisone injections I can bear. Many thanks in advance.:thumby:

you do realize that for a given length of pull a hydraulic clutch is not any lighter, it is often smoother but the amount of effort required should be exactly the same

you do realize that for a given length of pull a hydraulic clutch is not any lighter, it is often smoother but the amount of effort required should be for the exactly the same
I would not altogeher agree. Theoretically yes, but not allowing for the friction inherednt in clutch cables under load. In real life, the clutch will be significantly easier to pull in, expecially once cables have aged.
However, I would suggest instead a Honda with a DCT transmission. The future.

No I hadn't taken that into account mainly because i'd read somewhere that it had been much easier,I have a GS1200 and the clutch is fine so this put ideas in my mind,also I kind of like the thought of little maintenance and not sourcing cables.

Have you considered a Rekluse? You'd still have to use the clutch to select first gear but other than that, you wouldn't need to use it. https://rekluse.com/product/radiusx-clutch/
No I looked at that but it looked expensive ect. I still want to use the gears it's all part of the riding. Magura looks easy to fit and being a lazy arse just went with it. Thanks for input though I appreciate it.

I would not altogeher agree. Theoretically yes, but not allowing for the friction inherednt in clutch cables under load. In real life, the clutch will be significantly easier to pull in, expecially once cables have aged.
However, I would suggest instead a Honda with a DCT transmission. The future.

Thanks for that I'm fairly thrawn so I can't see another bike change for a while,just looking as far forward as possible:thumby:

No I looked at that but it looked expensive ect. I still want to use the gears it's all part of the riding. Magura looks easy to fit and being a lazy arse just went with it. Thanks for input though I appreciate it.

your not reading it right then!!! Its auto engagement of the clutch NOT auto gear change!!! I have one on a 990 adv ktm, as you roll on the throttle the engine speeds up and clutch engages as the engine spins down the clutch disengages and you change gear, all you do is roll on and off the throttle, when you brake and come to a stop the engine is at idle and the clutch is disengaged. You have to change gear you dont have to use the clutch. Its probably no more expensive than buying a magura clutch kit.

If its set right you dont need the clutch at all. Sit on bike put in first, start bike (so long as you dont blip the throttle) bike is stationary, accelerate bike pulls away, roll off throttle change gear,

your not reading it right then!!! Its auto engagement of the clutch NOT auto gear change!!! I have one on a 990 adv ktm, as you roll on the throttle the engine speeds up and clutch engages as the engine spins down the clutch disengages and you change gear, all you do is roll on and off the throttle, when you brake and come to a stop the engine is at idle and the clutch is disengaged. You have to change gear you dont have to use the clutch. Its probably no more expensive than buying a magura clutch kit.

If its set right you dont need the clutch at all. Sit on bike put in first, start bike (so long as you dont blip the throttle) bike is stationary, accelerate bike pulls away, roll off throttle change gear,

Does that negate blipping the throttle on the downchange so as to use the engine for braking?

Does that negate blipping the throttle on the downchange so as to use the engine for braking?

you can still use engine braking, just remember not to roll the throttle right off, so long as there is engagement then the braking works, you get used to it in no time

Back
Top Bottom