notice not clearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peteb

Reaction score
Just been out on the bike and the nav 6 came up with map update needed and I can't get rid of it , tried turning off and on again and removing it from the cradle but still can't get rid of it.....any ideas ???

Have you tried updating it?? Never had an update come up on the Nav it always tells me on my PC..

not been updated since new(two years) so i suppose that would be the answer !! thanks for the reply

Have you tried updating it?? Never had an update come up on the Nav it always tells me on my PC..

So do you have to pay for the map updates ? I thought updates were included,I don't even want any updates I just want to get rid of the message !!

I have the NAV V and with that you have to down load garmin express on the pc, connect you nav to the pc it will tell you about updates and then you can install them from there. I assume they are the same..

Just been out on the bike and the nav 6 came up with map update needed and I can't get rid of it , tried turning off and on again and removing it from the cradle but still can't get rid of it.....any ideas ???

If you just want rid of the message isn't there a reset pin hole type button somewhere? Failing that simply plug in into Garmin Express and update it.

undo the rear cover, remove the battery and disconnect the cable to it, replug it back after 10 secs ,and try it then .

Garmin send a message that a map update is available, most often seen when a device has not been used for some time. It’s a service they provide, as they think it’s helpful, not least as many bods like to keep their maps up-to-date.

There is no ‘stick a pin in the hole’ reset option on a Nav V.

You could indeed try taking the battery out and / or a hard reset, as suggested above. The former will only see the message come back at some point; the latter will wipe out all sorts of things you might want to keep. Then the message will reappear anyway.

Ignore it or update your maps. It’s that simple.

Garmin send a message that a map update is available, most often seen when a device has not been used for some time. It’s a service they provide, as they think it’s helpful, not least as many bods like to keep their maps up-to-date.

There is no ‘stick a pin in the hole’ reset option on a Nav V.

You could indeed try taking the battery out and / or a hard reset, as suggested above. The former will only see the message come back at some point; the latter will wipe out all sorts of things you might want to keep. Then the message will reappear anyway.

Ignore it or update your maps. It’s that simple.

The problem is the message will not go away and it matters not what buttons are pressed or battery disconnected , I have tried a full reset but the bloody thing wont respond to that either !!so its back to the dealer's as I think it,s fu*ked .I wonder how the warranty will work is it the same as the bike ??

Yup, we understand the problem.... but..... have you tried the simple expedient of updating the maps? If not, try it, as it should clear. Should you want to load the whole of Europe, you’ll need an SD card in the device. 8gb will be ample. Use a new one, straight out of a packet.

It’s not fecked.... your maps are out of date, that is all and you are being prompted to update them.

Yup, we understand the problem.... but..... have you tried the simple expedient of updating the maps? If not, try it, as it should clear. Should you want to load the whole of Europe, you’ll need an SD card in the device. 8gb will be ample. Use a new one, straight out of a packet.

It’s not fecked.... your maps are out of date, that is all and you are being prompted to update them.

I know the maps are out of date but I can,t update them as the nav wont respond to anything ,it's just frozen,no response, nothing happening !!

Taking the battery out and putting it back again won’t do very much. Nor will a hard re-set, as the maps will still be out of date, so the message will reappear. See paragraph three in post #8.

It is still not clear if you tried to update the maps by plugging the device into your PC, waiting for the computer to find it and then carried out a map update.

Quite why the device is ‘just frozen’, by which I guess you mean the touch screen is lit up, displaying the message about the maps being out of date but completely unresponsive to touch, is not clear. It could be broken.

Back to the dealership. Talk to them and wangle yourself a replacement. Do remember to shout a lot, it’s the only language they understand. Be sure to reference: The Sale of Goods Act, premium price for a premium product and, most persuasive of all, “My mate says....”.

Job done.

PS Map updates on the Nav V are free and unlimited. Don’t forget to update your next device.

He has a Nav 6
(Post#1 paragraph 1)

Taking the battery out and putting it back again won’t do very much. Nor will a hard re-set, as the maps will still be out of date, so the message will reappear. See paragraph three in post #8.

It is still not clear if you tried to update the maps by plugging the device into your PC, waiting for the computer to find it and then carried out a map update.

Quite why the device is ‘just frozen’, by which I guess you mean the touch screen is lit up, displaying the message about the maps being out of date but completely unresponsive to touch, is not clear. It could be broken.

Back to the dealership. Talk to them and wangle yourself a replacement. Do remember to shout a lot, it’s the only language they understand. Be sure to reference: The Sale of Goods Act, premium price for a premium product and, most persuasive of all, “My mate says....”.

Job done.

PS Map updates on the Nav V are free and unlimited. Don’t forget to update your next device.
been to the dealers today and they messed with it for ten minutes's and agree it's buggered...... new one on the way!! thank's for all your replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom