Sena SMH5 battery replacement

leadfarmer

He / Him / That Fucker
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Dark Side of the Moon (Haute Loire) France
In case it helps anyone,

I’ve just replaced the batteries in our Sena SMH5 intercoms as they no longer held charge for more than a couple of hours

The original batteries are 3.7v 350mAh Li-Po

I bought two of these 500mAh which should last a bit longer than the originals which already did a whole day when new

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B079Z9C8N5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They are slightly longer than the original battery so you need to cut two small plastic webs out of the battery holder and then they fit perfectly, the polarity and connector are the same as the original

You’ll need a T7 torx bit to unscrew the back of the unit and the battery is just held in with double sided tape

At 25 euros delivered for the pair it’s a lot better than buying 2 new intercoms :thumb2

Availability of the batteries has improved since I needed to do this 2-3 years ago. The nearest battery then was a bit too thick and didn’t have the fly lead on. So soldering needed and quite a judicious bit of trimming of the case as well the packing was also needed. I never really got it quite right.

Anyway thanks for the link even if it is the .Fr version of Amazon. Bookmarked for future reference.

Availability of the batteries has improved since I needed to do this 2-3 years ago. The nearest battery then was a bit too thick and didn’t have the fly lead on. So soldering needed and quite a judicious bit of trimming of the case as well the packing was also needed. I never really got it quite right.

Anyway thanks for the link even if it is the .Fr version of Amazon. Bookmarked for future reference.

Shouldn’t be a problem, the seller is in Germany, was delivered in a couple of days

Brother in law had a battery fail in his SMH5 (even before that battery life was poor ), I had a spare batterylying out of a failed SMH10 which was physically larger but fitted into the SMH5 and extended to operating time to well over 8 hours continuous use

In case it helps anyone,

I’ve just replaced the batteries in our Sena SMH5 intercoms as they no longer held charge for more than a couple of hours

The original batteries are 3.7v 350mAh Li-Po

I bought two of these 500mAh which should last a bit longer than the originals which already did a whole day when new

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B079Z9C8N5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They are slightly longer than the original battery so you need to cut two small plastic webs out of the battery holder and then they fit perfectly, the polarity and connector are the same as the original

You’ll need a T7 torx bit to unscrew the back of the unit and the battery is just held in with double sided tape

At 25 euros delivered for the pair it’s a lot better than buying 2 new intercoms :thumb2

This is very useful, Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom