Plastic fuel line Quick Connectors

Thanks gog. I have a few things I always carry with me i.e. spark plug, cable ties, bulbs etc. will include a joiner kit and o-rings. Didn't know they were that prone to breaking as I have unplugged mine a few times i.e. at least once a year for 6 years and they still look very sturdy, except for the o-rings that seems to have got brittle and cracked. Will get some metal ones for the LC.

Use grease on the O rings every time you separate the Q/D's. Saves the O rings getting "nicked" on rejoining and gives the Q/D's an easier time and the male part is less likely to break.

Use grease on the O rings every time you separate the Q/D's. Saves the O rings getting "nicked" on rejoining and gives the Q/D's an easier time and the male part is less likely to break.

Whoa there...!! Who’s this impersonating someone who knows a thing or two about Gs’s?

Good to see you back, sir :D

Any general purpose grease or silicon type? Probably should have thought about using grease long ago.

Had a look in my box of scuba diving spares and the LP port plug of a regulator seem to have the 99% the same o-ring. no 10 or 11 o-ring according to the charts. The one on the right is from the LP port plug and on the left is the o-ring from Motoworks. Seems the o-rings used by diving equipment is a lot cheaper than those supplied by motorcycle shops.

Attachments

• IMG_5241 copy.jpg
    IMG_5241 copy.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 197
Yes, Motorworks list the same O ring for plastic and metal. You can replace one half of connector, so they'd have to be compatible. Its usually one side (male?) which breaks

I was JUST about to go into the garage to replace the plastic QDs on my 1150 with metal ones bought unused off here. I did note that neither of them had o-rings and took photos to post a query on here to see if they should be fitted.
When pushed together, they do seem very firm but I assume from your comment, o-rings a prerequisite?

What the hell, here's the photo I was going to add showing a lack of rubber o-ring. I clearly assumed not being supplied with them meant that they weren't required.

Hi wreck_diver, where did you get the metal ones from? I have a 1200GS LC arriving next week and may want to get some for that, if it is £17.00

I got them from Bahnstormer's.
I changed both pairs.
The plastic ones looked fine but over time go so brittle .

What the hell, here's the photo I was going to add showing a lack of rubber o-ring. I clearly assumed not being supplied with them meant that they weren't required.

Hi Steve
Where did you buy that from. Looks like coupling for compressor hoses to me, looks very strong.

The required O ring is missing from the pictured connector

Here's Motorworks item, with O ring https://www.motorworks.co.uk/vlive/Shop/Parts.php?T=6&Q=FUA59119A&search=SEARCH

Having revisited the photo they are not same as standard BMW/Motorworks item (thanks meintjiesj )

Are they suitable as petrol line connectors - don't know
Do they need an O ring - would have thought so but don't know for sure
If they do, will the BMW/Motorworks O ring fit?

Suggest you question your supplier for confirmation

I bought them off a GSer on here, being sold as replacements for the plastic ones. It's looking like I naively believed them to be direct replacements for the plastic ones :confused: I also ordered 4 O-rings from Motorworks last night so we'll see if they fit next week.

Having revisited the photo they are not same as standard BMW/Motorworks item (thanks meintjiesj )

Are they suitable as petrol line connectors - don't know
Do they need an O ring - would have thought so but don't know for sure
If they do, will the BMW/Motorworks O ring fit?

Suggest you question your supplier for confirmation

Ye, the female connector looks like it could be scuba diving hose connectors. Male deffo looks like what I have on my compressor. Could be totally wrong as don't see the whole connector in the photo.

Ye, the female connector looks like it could be scuba diving hose connectors. Male deffo looks like what I have on my compressor. Could be totally wrong as don't see the whole connector in the photo.

So someone on here sold me a pair of lemons? :blast .......unless they work :augie

Well, received my O-rings from Motorworks and would you believe it...they don't fit my metal connectors (Surprise. Surprise.)

Looking at the recess where one would think the O-rings would fit, I note that it marries-up inside the 'female' part where there are 4 very small ball-bearings (along side a 'male-like' pin). I believe these fit into the recess to allow it to snap it into place. Quite securely I may add.

There is writing on the side of the female part of the connectors..."Parker* Rectus*21*M in Germany"

I've attached a couple of photos as examples of the design.

I guess I'm grasping at straws in the faint hope that they will work on the GS...before I throw them in the bin!

It has been confirmed that I can't find out who sold them to me as 'for sale' items are deleted after 6 months so a big thank-you to that GSer.

Thanks to the above contributors for your patience with this 'naive' purchase.

Have you tried testing them? They may already be sealed against petrol leakage...

Those are air hose connectors, no O rings on them.

These are the ones that use O rings.

f5e81e3444d3ae44b7e476001b042bc7.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom