Plastic fuel line Quick Connectors

I have no idea where all you guys are meandering around, but you need to look for CPC connectors, which is the generic name.

The OEM plastic female ones are fine. It’s the plastic male connector which usually fails. So at the very least you can either replace just the male one with another plastic one and keep it well greased as Steptoe suggests, or just replace the plastic male with a metal one. Preferably brass or brass plated. But make sure the item you buy either a male, or a female has a built in check valve which will shut off the line once disconnected.

If your looking at Tom Parker connectors then here you go, but they are pricey.

8mm for the standard fuel connections, and 6mm for the Adventure cross over pipe.

Shop around.

Attachments

• B4BB4469-5D80-40D3-941A-65879BD95A91.jpg
    B4BB4469-5D80-40D3-941A-65879BD95A91.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 188
Speaking from experience, this is what I know..........

Attachments

• D706FECD-9BB3-4451-BB92-BEAC0B1914B1.jpeg
    D706FECD-9BB3-4451-BB92-BEAC0B1914B1.jpeg
    94.2 KB · Views: 179
Have you tried testing them? They may already be sealed against petrol leakage...

I'm a bit concerned that if I do and they don't work, I'll have fuel pissing all over my new 1150.

I'm just a bit pissed off that someone on here would sell something that wasn't as described. Guess I'll have to put it down to experience...yet again!

Found this for you https://www.parker.com/literature/Quick%20Coupling%20Division%20-%20Europe/Catalogue%20Pages_Websphere/CAT-3800-PNEU-GB_Series%2021%20Safety_Fittings_Catalogue_English.pdf

Suitable for liquid & gas. I'd be inclined to contact the manufacturer, & ask if suitable in a fuel line, & if O rings required.
Or, simply write these off & get the proper connectors

Yep Ajay, probably going in the bin rather than risk trying them on the bike, ALTHOUGH they do snap together very confidently and there is no movement when they are connected. Thanks for the link too :thumb2

Yep Ajay, probably going in the bin rather than risk trying them on the bike, ALTHOUGH they do snap together very confidently and there is no movement when they are connected. Thanks for the link too :thumb2

You're welcome, hope it works out for you

Speaking from experience, this is what I know..........

I had the male part snap in half on my 1150 (when a so-called friend conned me into going through a ford behind the Bishop's Palace in St Davids). I dropped off the edge of the concrete entrance into the ford when the tank must have sandwiched the connector between itself and the frame. I didn't notice that it had snapped until a rather noticeable odour of Esso's finest unleaded started pissing all over the very hot header pipes. That was a very squeaky bum moment pulling all my travel gear and throwing it into the hedgerow whilst waiting for ignition. I might invest in a couple of male metal connectors from Motorworks....just in case.

PS. Thanks for the page of connectors :thumb2

I had the male part snap in half on my 1150 (when a so-called friend conned me into going through a ford behind the Bishop's Palace in St Davids). I dropped off the edge of the concrete entrance into the ford when the tank must have sandwiched the connector between itself and the frame. I didn't notice that it had snapped until a rather noticeable odour of Esso's finest unleaded started pissing all over the very hot header pipes. That was a very squeaky bum moment pulling all my travel gear and throwing it into the hedgerow whilst waiting for ignition. I might invest in a couple of male metal connectors from Motorworks....just in case.

PS. Thanks for the page of connectors :thumb2

Steve what you got I assume are fuel line connectors that don’t need an O- ring....at least not on the outside and visible...
Mine are Parker,made in Germany and have been in place for many years.
Till’s sells exactly what you got, I have it on mine for years...never needed to gease

https://www.tills.de/product-130-131.html

Attachments

• 91DD8482-F757-4F30-9744-ED4E46EBC84D.jpg
    91DD8482-F757-4F30-9744-ED4E46EBC84D.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 130
Just ordered a set...so just to confirm Steve...what you have got there is a high quality and rather expensive metal fuel line connector without external seals, all inside seals and are almost indestructible...unless as I have done you stik one end into a vice to get the fuel hose off....it’s after all brass with nickel coating....never mind...a piece @ £35.- phewww.....

Attachments

• AF1012CC-D956-455D-9D79-C0AD2FC0ABC9.jpg
    AF1012CC-D956-455D-9D79-C0AD2FC0ABC9.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 94
  • AE16F9F5-527D-417B-AAF7-A01050DF52C8.jpg
    AE16F9F5-527D-417B-AAF7-A01050DF52C8.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 91
Suitable for liquid & gas. I'd be inclined to contact the manufacturer, & ask if suitable in a fuel line, & if O rings required.
Or, simply write these off & get the proper connectors

You have answered your own question

You only need to replace the Male part and the BMW part that they sell comes with O rings

I changed a couple of sets in the last weeks for a couple of folks Just fit a new plastic crossover male part if you have the GS Adventure The one I changed last week just crumbled/snapped into bits when I applied a bit of force to remove it from the pipe

LINK to one I did earlier with the part numbers BMW from dealers were £24 Fit and forget !! :rob

attachment.php

Dr F

Just about to replace my connectors but wondered what size the single ear hose clamps were. I assume they're not reusable and best practice would be to replace with new anyway?

You have answered your own question

You only need to replace the Male part and the BMW part that they sell comes with O rings

I changed a couple of sets in the last weeks for a couple of folks Just fit a new plastic crossover male part if you have the GS Adventure The one I changed last week just crumbled/snapped into bits when I applied a bit of force to remove it from the pipe

LINK to one I did earlier with the part numbers BMW from dealers were £24 Fit and forget !! :rob

attachment.php

Interestingly, I've recently had two of that particular type fail.
The tail came loose from the body, better ones are one piece or screw on tail :okay

Could i suggest that the "o" rings are very lightly lubed with Red Rubber Grease. Find this resists being washed away by petrol the best.

Tim you mean where it fits into the rubber pipework?

I thought they were a sturdy looking fitting fresh out of BMW just a few days before that post

Interestingly, I've recently had two of that particular type fail.
The tail came loose from the body, better ones are one piece or screw on tail :okay

Tim you mean where it fits into the rubber pipework?

I thought they were a sturdy looking fitting fresh out of BMW just a few days before that post

Yes, some have the tail swaged into the body, mine had come loose and were pissing fuel.
Probably not likely on a GS where they basically stay put and hardly ever used.

I think I made a point of binning them a couple of weeks ago in case I thought of carrying one as a spare somewhere.

Just here.

Attachments

• Fuel line disconnect.jpg
    Fuel line disconnect.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 160
These are relatively cheep, come in stainless steel and are better than jubilee clips as they give a more even clamping around the hose.

Standard fuel hose for the R1150 is 8mm internal diameter and 13mm external diameter.

It’s what I used.

Attachments

• C545911E-5C5C-482C-8064-7CB980DB1D93.jpeg
    C545911E-5C5C-482C-8064-7CB980DB1D93.jpeg
    106 KB · Views: 143
These are relatively cheep, come in stainless steel and are better than jubilee clips as they give a more even clamping around the hose.

Standard fuel hose for the R1150 is 8mm internal diameter and 13mm external diameter.

It’s what I used.

Brilliant! Many thanks Ian :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom