Thinking about an Interceptor

There is another one for sale on a Facebook group.....

https://www.facebook.com/groups/425...97326573675461/?sale_post_id=5497326573675461

Only 65 miles so brand new
£4700 and prob over £1000 in 'extra's' fitted...
ec7296ae10192bc6d2395cfa17fa2608.jpg

Thanks Jazbee for showing the one on Facebook after a few days I went for it. It is being delivered tomorrow to sit alongside my v85, it will be Interesting to see which one I go to for my first ride for some time.

It has got all the accessories I would have fitted myself but I am sure there are many more I can fit.

Hope you enjoy your bike.

David
How are you liking the Interceptor David?

Just hit 1000 miles on mine and gets sweeter by the mile. I've booked my seat in for a bit of restyling and gel inserts (and raised 20mm) with Nostalgia Upholstery.

https://www.nostalgiaupholstery.com/

Stock seats are OK, in fact not bad at all but like the look of a custom one so will see how that goes next month

9380222fb331c4eb820107ee8f9b3bed.jpg

I saw a red/black one yesterday going into the nearby petrol station. He was with a Triumph Speed Twin and I thought the RE looked every bit a good as the Triumph. I guess up close it’s not going to be quite up there with quality, but certainly looked the part from 25 feet away.

I saw a red/black one yesterday going into the nearby petrol station. He was with a Triumph Speed Twin and I thought the RE looked every bit a good as the Triumph. I guess up close it’s not going to be quite up there with quality, but certainly looked the part from 25 feet away.

This is my dilemma, I fancy an Interceptor but could get a Few year old Bonneville for the same money.

I am a fan of Triumph as well but the Speed Twin at double the price is definitely not double the quality of build over the Interceptor. I was not expecting anything of huge build quality when I bought one but been very pleasantly surprised as how good it is considering how much it cost.

The engine is a peach, gearbox is probably the best of any bike I've owned, handles great with a Harris frame, looks good, sounds fantastic with the Scorpion cans etc etc.... comes with 3 yrs warranty and 3 yrs roadside assistance so RE have some confidence in the quality and reliability. I don't think I've seen a bad review anywhere on any of the 650's worth a try for anyone considering a bike of this type.

Chipy

Just re read this thread and noticed the bit about Marco,s chippy in Arbroath.
Marco is an ex Cowdenbeath boy served his time at his dads chippy (Joe,s ) on Broad Street. It was by far the best chippy in the area, his dad sold the shop years ago and it is shite now.
I have had a few summer runs up to Arbroath just to go his shop.
And I like the RE as well. 😎

aa31b89e2630646272bd307f5ee4781e.jpg

This is my recent purchase, few mods done, what a cracking bike, this is old school with a bit of modern tech and quite frankly a bargain, definitely handles better than an earlier 900 bonnie, no comparison really.
Keep it in then B roads and much fun to be had, just junk the standard silencers..
All the best, Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jcr
I’ve just been for a 30 mile test ride around a few twisty little roads on a Continental GT and have to say I was impressed. It only had 300 miles on it so I kept the revs down but the engine pulled really well for a 650 twin, the fuelling felt good and the Brembo brakes did what you’d expect.

Considering the frame was designed by Harris I thought the steering was a bit slow but that’s probably the tyres as much as anything and a bit of messing about with the suspension would improve it. By messing about I mean spending some cash on it but the bike’s cheap enough for that not to matter.

If I didn’t have the 500 I’d probably buy one and I might flog something and buy one anyway 😀

I’ve just been for a 30 mile test ride around a few twisty little roads on a Continental GT and have to say I was impressed. It only had 300 miles on it so I kept the revs down but the engine pulled really well for a 650 twin, the fuelling felt good and the Brembo brakes did what you’d expect.

Considering the frame was designed by Harris I thought the steering was a bit slow but that’s probably the tyres as much as anything and a bit of messing about with the suspension would improve it. By messing about I mean spending some cash on it but the bike’s cheap enough for that not to matter.

If I didn’t have the 500 I’d probably buy one and I might flog something and buy one anyway
Try an Interceptor as well, they are very similar of course but set up a little differently. I rode mine all over Aberdeenshire yesterday in almost perfect weather and it was brilliant in every department. Lots of people changing tyres, suspension, exhausts etc. YSS is popular for rear and front suspension upgrades. I vowed I'd ride it for a year before I decided if it needed changing...... right now I would say that the Interceptor and the GT (my mate has one) are very good out of the box. I bought Scorpion end cans at a discount from the dealer when I bought it and also fitted a DNA air filter kit, these are good upgrades. I find the suspension adequate, Pirelli tyres adequate, seat adequate (although I am buying a custom one but more for aesthetics) I don't think there is anything poor about these twins to be honest..... the handling, engine and gearbox are excellent

A friend of mine bought one last year and has put a few thousand miles on it. had no problems with it. good value bike for the money. He loves it, rides it more than his yamy TDM 900.

I bought a GT touring seat as a back up for when my Interceptor seat is away for customisation... and a wee change, its a comfy thing and you can get a cowling that fits over the back seat
bedd55ae2022cd698c1e5d3b23df152c.jpg

Nice seat Jazbee, I like that. Still hoping to get an Interceptor in the future when the time is right. How is the finish holding up?

Try an Interceptor as well, they are very similar of course but set up a little differently. I rode mine all over Aberdeenshire yesterday in almost perfect weather and it was brilliant in every department. Lots of people changing tyres, suspension, exhausts etc. YSS is popular for rear and front suspension upgrades. I vowed I'd ride it for a year before I decided if it needed changing...... right now I would say that the Interceptor and the GT (my mate has one) are very good out of the box. I bought Scorpion end cans at a discount from the dealer when I bought it and also fitted a DNA air filter kit, these are good upgrades. I find the suspension adequate, Pirelli tyres adequate, seat adequate (although I am buying a custom one but more for aesthetics) I don't think there is anything poor about these twins to be honest..... the handling, engine and gearbox are excellent

If I get close to pulling the pin on a 650 I’d certainly have a test ride on the Interceptor and another ride on the GT but back to back so I could take an overall view of both with no old man memory lapse issues :D

A mate came round last night with his new XR in Blue/White/Red colours (sure there is some kind of BMW type name for it) anyway, my word I almost considered selling both my bikes for one, absolutely lovely.

However, as I said above, lack of room is my is my issue with not having more bikes, biggest regret of buying my house was it didn't have a garage :blast

Back
Top Bottom