Thinking about an Interceptor

I bought a GT touring seat as a back up for when my Interceptor seat is away for customisation... and a wee change, its a comfy thing and you can get a cowling that fits over the back seat
bedd55ae2022cd698c1e5d3b23df152c.jpg
Bought a couple of cowlings (1 white to match tank and 1 black) to fit the GT Touring seat.... can't decide whether I like this more or less than the custom seat I had made ......
e45101ccacb8d0f7a34e9c1d2a6e3af2.jpg
ed088e546a58cc944544109f5e597a54.jpg

Looking good. How many miles on it now?
Only 2200 , been mainly up and down the coast roads over summer and a few warm day runs along royal deeside and cairngorms. My Tiger does the longer stuff and the bad weather stuff

Your bike would suit the GT seat and black Cowl Fatal?

Thinking about bar ends over winter, and still to fit belly pan and gaitors there are also some new reasonably priced adjustable shocks from YSS that I will have a look at

I was considering a GT premium touring seat, not available at Hitchcocks at the moment. I've just fitted a Cool Covers mesh seat cover on it. Doesn't look too bad, I'm hoping to try it out his weekend. I've used them on my CB500X and my T120, they work for me. I'm surprised at the amount of farkles for these bikes, it's like having a Harley again :D

I was considering a GT premium touring seat, not available at Hitchcocks at the moment. I've just fitted a Cool Covers mesh seat cover on it. Doesn't look too bad, I'm hoping to try it out his weekend. I've used them on my CB500X and my T120, they work for me. I'm surprised at the amount of farkles for these bikes, it's like having a Harley again :D
There is an Indian guy on Facebook called Raju Lax, very honest and reliable for all RE parts direct from the factory, deals with a lot of the different RE groups....no money up front, pay on delivery.... he will quote for anything RE related, you can also WhatsApp him...... +91 93268 50919

Myself and a few friends have had stuff from him in the past when Hitchcock's haven't had stock or too expensive etc. Usually 7-10 days for delivery from ordering. Had a friend recently got a set of AEW cans for his GT, no issues and decent price.

I might have a spare chrome and red tank (called the Mk2 from 2021 euro 5 bikes) from him soon

Thats good to now, a useful contact. Did you have tp pay import duty or vat on delivery?

Bought a couple of cowlings (1 white to match tank and 1 black) to fit the GT Touring seat.... can't decide whether I like this more or less than the custom seat I had made ......
e45101ccacb8d0f7a34e9c1d2a6e3af2.jpg
ed088e546a58cc944544109f5e597a54.jpg

That custom seat looks fantastic on there. Good choice.

Thats good to now, a useful contact. Did you have tp pay import duty or vat on delivery?
Luckily not, my stuff has always been sub £200 so far and not had any issues so far anyway

Jazbee, which do you find to be the most comfortable seat?
The custom one is prob the most comfortable cause it has gel inserts in but the GT Touring seat is not bad, it has 3D mesh.... I think for an all day ride I would put the custom on.... Good to have a wee change and a choice though

Here's mine with the cool covers mesh fitted

Attachments

• 650 interceptor.jpg
    650 interceptor.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 324
I don't know, but I'll be fitting some black bar end mirrors in the near future.

Thanks for the comments. I fitted some bar risers this afternoon and took it for a short spin. I'm chuffed to bits, the risers also have an inch or so pull back, the riding position for me now is spot on.

Back
Top Bottom