Thinking about an Interceptor

Copied a few quotes from Interceptor owners...... I pretty much feel similar, must be getting old

"This bike is by a long way the lowest tech bike I have ever owned and one of the cheapest, but having the choice of 4 bikes from my garage, to take out today I chose the Interceptor loving it, brings a grin to my face every time I accelerate out of every corner. Had a lovely ride round Kent today in this rare winters sun. Dry roads and blue skys."

"RE have captured the essence of the motorcycle. It's going to be remembered as an all time great bike, an instant classic. Its the most enjoyable bike I've had in 30 years of being on the road"

One year of ownership now, although didn't register it till March last year, did a few minor mods to suit me, considering YSS rear adjustable shocks now .....and maybe look at Triumph TR6 US Spec bars which I think may suit the bike nicely

"This bike is by a long way the lowest tech bike I have ever owned and one of the cheapest, but having the choice of 4 bikes from my garage, to take out today I chose the Interceptor loving it, brings a grin to my face every time I accelerate out of every corner. Had a lovely ride round Kent today in this rare winters sun. Dry roads and blue skies."

The great thing about a low-tech motorcycle is that is easy for it to exceed your expectations, thereby putting a grin on one's face.

I had a 660 Tenere and a brand new 1200 GS three or four years ago, I put on 4 times the miles on the Tenere than the GS, I believe every word.

And...... an Interceptor can also pull a sidecar, it seems. I didn't get chance to ask the owner how well it performed.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 207
  • Picture3.jpg
    Picture3.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 198
One year of ownership now, although didn't register it till March last year, did a few minor mods to suit me, considering YSS rear adjustable shocks now .....and maybe look at Triumph TR6 US Spec bars which I think may suit the bike nicely

Fitted YSS shocks, didn't go with TR6 bars but bought some up and back risers from Hitchcock's which simulate same stance.
eb4c90590486c2c615f1316df4770786.jpg

It's looking good. Those rear shocks look better than the OE type. What's your mileage now? I've just clocked 760miles, 400 of them in the last week or so. This bike is getting better with each ride :)
I've just taken delivery of a set of progressive rate fork springs and spacers, so I need to put a day aside to fit them and the sump guard/bash plate. The jury is still out on removing the front and rear mudguard extentions.

Back
Top Bottom