Thinking about an Interceptor

Leyther

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi

I quite like the looks of the Interceptor obviously it is difficult to try one at the moment and wondered what people think about them but also whether they will be a ' good fit for me ' ?
I am 6' 2" and nearly 15 stone and getting on a bit, I think a few people on here have either got one or tried one so just wondered what peoples opinions are ?

Anybody getting rid of one ?

Thanks

Hi

I quite like the looks of the Interceptor obviously it is difficult to try one at the moment and wondered what people think about them but also whether they will be a ' good fit for me ' ?
I am 6' 2" and nearly 15 stone and getting on a bit, I think a few people on here have either got one or tried one so just wondered what peoples opinions are ?

Anybody getting rid of one ?

Thanks
I'm 6ft and just under 15st and it fits me fine but there are footpeg lowering kits available from a few sources if you feel the need, also up and back bar risers, YSS suspension upgrades etc....There are a number of facebook groups for the Interceptor and Continental GT and general Royal Enfield, have seen a few ads recently on them for very low mileage Interceptor 650s at bargain prices, join a few and get a feel for what the owners think

I am a new owner so still running in my bike, been superb so far, easy to see why it and the GT are getting huge sales here and abroad..... so many new farkles available to do what you like with them but it is very good out of the box anyway.... and cheap, so you don't mind spending a few Bob on shiny bits

What kinda price are they going for on those pages, I may go again if one at the right price locally appeared.

Thanks Jazbee for showing the one on Facebook after a few days I went for it. It is being delivered tomorrow to sit alongside my v85, it will be Interesting to see which one I go to for my first ride for some time.

It has got all the accessories I would have fitted myself but I am sure there are many more I can fit.

Hope you enjoy your bike.

David

Thanks Jazbee for showing the one on Facebook after a few days I went for it. It is being delivered tomorrow to sit alongside my v85, it will be Interesting to see which one I go to for my first ride for some time.

It has got all the accessories I would have fitted myself but I am sure there are many more I can fit.

Hope you enjoy your bike.

David
Fantastic, I thought that was a real bargain and had the best bits fitted already, enjoy it, they are lovely things

What kinda price are they going for on those pages, I may go again if one at the right price locally appeared.
Cabby, there was a 1 yr old with 1400 miles the other day for 4300

Cheers, it'll be Baker Express or nothing for me.
Worth bearing in mind, you can buy finished tanks for about 250 or so, did think about maybe buying a chrome one later to switch for a change

A wee running in trip down the coast road today (socially distanced of course ) pretty cold but my god its great to get out !!
f6ae6f0110a5a83dd5fbfdbb9a9ec2f7.jpg

Reactions: jcr
I did think Arbroath but looks too colourful to be that dreary shithole.
It is indeed Arbroath harbour, the clean tidy side of town, good pokie hat shop next to the chipper as well

Arbroath me thinks.(Marco's, best fish supper ever :thumb2)
Try the Quayside in Gourdon village if ever you have a run up the coast, very good off the boat fish and chips also the Harbour bar next door let's you eat it in their beer garden as long as you buy a drink (when it opens again of course)

A wee running in trip down the coast road today (socially distanced of course ) pretty cold but my god its great to get out !!
f6ae6f0110a5a83dd5fbfdbb9a9ec2f7.jpg

Looking good; can the trucks still overnight at the harbour; it's years since i've been there.:beerjug:

One of these Interceptors rode past as I sat enjoying a pint at our local. It really looked good. Had some form of aftermarket pipes on and sounded superb. If my Mrs decides she never wants to pillion again, it may be just the thing.

Back
Top Bottom