New here. X-Country owner.

computer_freak

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm not from the UK, but since I stumble on this forum every now and then when I'm looking for G650X stuff I figured I would make an account.

Currently riding a BMW G650X X-Country with some modifications.

8HeIzaE.jpg

IjLJCQi.jpg

TZdU3Vy.jpg

Thanks. It's a stock exhaust that I took from an X-Challenge, as far as I know it is the stock height unless I mounted it incorrectly.

RM2qiXM.jpg

I didn’t realise The Netherlands were so full of mountains and deserts these days!

Welcome...

They have some hills in Limburg,some good riding to be had there...unless you're trying to keep up with your Dutch friend from Eersel........;)

Kimbo

Hi there computer freak, welcome to the madhouse:thumb

Great bikes them thar Xcountry's, maybe one of the best bikes BMW made :D (that'll wind a few up on here)

Got a 'tricked up' 2007 misen :thumb

:beerjug:

The highest elevation in The Netherlands is around half of what you are seeing in those pictures (Gara Medouar - the crater from Spectre). I was struggling with the lack of oxygen, my lungs aren't used to anything above 300 meters!

The X-Country is great. I don't understand why other companies are not jumping on this segment, I can't think of a single bike on the market that I would replace my bike with.

Like Micky said,welcome to the madhouse..are you from North or South of the rivers?

The highest elevation in The Netherlands is around half of what you are seeing in those pictures (Gara Medouar - the crater from Spectre). I was struggling with the lack of oxygen, my lungs aren't used to anything above 300 meters!

The X-Country is great. I don't understand why other companies are not jumping on this segment, I can't think of a single bike on the market that I would replace my bike with.

Absolutely that. I have to thank Mickey for pointing me in the direction of them. It is like riding my Morini again. Light, nimble, pokey enough, versatile and exclusive, oh, very exclusive. Instead of just being another in the crowd, a proper individual bike. I went for the weight saving of the Scorpion exhaust. Link pipe and can, sheds about 4kgs, no fiddling with settings, just three bolts to do the job, two clamps and the hanger. More torque, more rorty but not offensive. :thumby:

Attachments

• DSC_2143.jpg
    DSC_2143.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 114
The Scorpion is tempting but riding in Germany and Austria I need the approval documents otherwise I will be walking home. I believe only the Akrapovic and the LeoVince exhausts have type approval.

My X has had the Hyperpro treatment. Up front I now have X-Challenge forks, which was a cheap way to raise the front from the factory lowered to full length (270mm). In the rear a Hyperpro shock with external reservoir. Bas also did some magic towards the "angle" of the bike, sliding the front forks through the clamps bit which makes the bike turn in a lot faster.

The Scorpion is tempting but riding in Germany and Austria I need the approval documents otherwise I will be walking home. I believe only the Akrapovic and the LeoVince exhausts have type approval.

My X has had the Hyperpro treatment. Up front I now have X-Challenge forks, which was a cheap way to raise the front from the factory lowered to full length (270mm). In the rear a Hyperpro shock with external reservoir. Bas also did some magic towards the "angle" of the bike, sliding the front forks through the clamps bit which makes the bike turn in a lot faster.

Bas knows his stuff for sure :thumb

i-tXxTB5V-L.jpg

:thumb

Back
Top Bottom