701 or ktm 950 se

I’ll start to research shocks,
Any thoughts on having a bespoke?
You never know,I’ve a birthday coming this year,and chrimbo,:D

There's no need to look further than this shock. TT did one for £2k but many still have theirs to revalved.

EDIT. Oh and you may have noticed my Mofset RR and relocated. If your's is still in the original position iver the exhaust and in front of the battery, move it to the side as it's only a matter of time.
Talking of fault over time, replace fuel pump points with a Dr Bean circuit board, I fitted a CJ designs water pump shaft as it's harder.

Looks good,,
How much lower at a guess.?
I’ve noted with all of the big bikes I’ve had that although I’ve dropped them to a manageable seat height when first ridden,once I’m comfortable with them they’ve all pretty much been wound up to full ride height after a few outings.
I seriously cannot see this with the 950.:blast

And then there's the steering damper, Oberon slave etc etc and etc :D

There's no need to look further than this shock. TT did one for £2k but many still have theirs to revalved.

EDIT. Oh and you may have noticed my Mofset RR and relocated. If your's is still in the original position iver the exhaust and in front of the battery, move it to the side as it's only a matter of time.
Talking of fault over time, replace fuel pump points with a Dr Bean circuit board, I fitted a CJ designs water pump shaft as it's harder.

Noted,
Some say the side stand need to be relocated,
Is yours on standard mounts?

Noted,
Some say the side stand need to be relocated,
Is yours on standard mounts?

Yes moved mine, there's a guy selling them on the ktm forum for around £16 but you could make one.

I did make an exhaust shield and rear brake master cylinder guard as it's quite vulnerable.

Attachments

• 20190406_175629-01.jpg
    20190406_175629-01.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 115
More bling than a GS.
Can’t say I’ve ever needed a steering damper..
My 525 had a shake once and I backed off the comp damping ,sorted.

Mainly for sand.
When your confident on an SE you fool yourself into thinking it's a tall exc......until you realise the horizon is rapidly approaching....be careful!

Oh yes, drop a tooth on the front sprocket.
I used a hacksaw blade to reprofile the first third of the throttle, with perfect fuelling I can ride slow over rocks in first with no need to clutch it.

You can probably feel my enthusiasm for these bikes and now I have to try and sleep :D

Back
Top Bottom