390 v XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

daviedevs

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I currently use a Zumo 390 and am asking if its worth the dosh to upgrade to the XT?

Lots of difference or not? I rarely go off road...usually just tour Europe.

Cheers.

Has the XT beta testing finished yet?

I have a 390 and it has worked fine for many years. I know a number of people who have bought XTs and had problems.

My 390 still manages to get me to where I want to go and is still receiving updates so I see no reason to replace it.

I replaced my 595LM last March with the XT. The screen on the XT at 5.5 inches & clarity / brightness is like looking at a modern smart phone. I have not had any problems with my unit contrary to what 'Wessie ' has posted. Some very early units experienced slack in the mounts, but have subsequently had these replaced.

Points worth noting versus other Zumo's, 'spotify' is not supported nor are tyre pressure monitors. I am very happy with the unit, my only criticism is that the main mount 'appears' flimsy, especially compared to my Montana. In saying that, I run a stick on tether to my XT for peace of mind.

The unit is good value at £429, but I have seem them as low as £365.

Hopefully this year I can give mine some proper trips to work on!

Has the XT beta testing finished yet?

I have a 390 and it has worked fine for many years. I know a number of people who have bought XTs and had problems.

My 390 still manages to get me to where I want to go and is still receiving updates so I see no reason to replace it.

Mine seems to lose battery power even when fully charged....yet in car with plug in rear its fine..just on bike it fails.

Maybe worth checking the condition of the pins on the power lead, it is well documented that they break or become dislodged. A modified power lead has been released.

Cheers..Tbh I think it’s the holder on the bike....will have a few hours in the garage once it gets warmer.

Well problem solved...it was a loose connection on the accessory socket on the bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom